Another gun tax bill sneaking thru....

Guest Bonedaddy

Guest Bonedaddy

:tinfoil:What is this I've heard of another IRS tax bill being snuck through the house without public notice of a $50 tax on every gun we own from now on? From what I understand the Senate doesn't even have to vote for it to become law because of some law passed back in 1986 and won't become public for 30 days after it's passed.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead

Did the email also say to send this to everyone you know?

You obviously need to join the NRA. IF crap like this was real, surely they'd let you know about it.

Did the email also say to send this to everyone you know?

You obviously need to join the NRA. IF crap like this was real, surely they'd let you know about it.

Amen. As many e-mails as I / we all get from NRA-ILA, if this was real, they'd have been all over it, and raising hell. Also, they'd be aggressively soliciting donations.

Guest Bonedaddy

Sorry fellas. Just got this forwarded to me today. I was wondering if it was real or if the NRA was dealing with it or what. There was no list of forwards on the e-mail. Glad to hear it's bull, though.

IF you look at the NRA ILA website I believe there is a page devoted to real and not real information floating around the web. This info has been out there for many months now popping up one in a while.

The history of this goes back to sections of proposed legislation several years ago from one senator. It wasn't exactly as what is floating around now, but similar. That never went anywhere, but someone took that original concept, made it even worse and then sent it out as real. I sometimes wonder if it is misinformed ignorance or intentional cyber maliciousness. There are definitely people out there who would get a kick out of starting crap like that.

The great things about access to information on the internet are the same things that can make it dangerous.

If you keep up to date with the NRA-ILA website I can assure you they will let you know of any real threats.