Buying reloading supplies locally?

Hi all,

I got two new reloaders for Christmas. They're a 16 gauge and 12 gauge Lee LoadAllII. I'm planning on reloading cartridges soon, too, but I don't have any centerfire rifles right now, anyway. :up: Hoping to get a .30-06 soon, but anyway...

I'm looking for a way to not have to pay the hazardous fee on primers and blackpowder and it seems as though buying locally is the way to do that.

Is there anywhere in middle TN that you can buy powder and shotgun primers at a good price? At least comparable to buying online and paying hazardous fee, if not cheaper?

Or would I be better off making a big Midway order?

Thanks all! I'm pumped to finally be starting this. I've been reading through Modern Reloading and I've got the Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook on its way. :screwy:

Brandon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact Champion's Choice in LaVergne. They're a mail order/ catalog sales place, but they have a local sales counter. I don't have their phone number handy, but I can tell you how to get there. Take I-24 to the Waldron Rd exit, number 64 I believe. Coming from Murfreesboro, turn right. Go past the Pilot, the Arby's, etc...

Turn right at the 3rd light (first red light once the road goes down to 2 lanes) and it's the big blue building on your right. Drive around to the back and there will be a door with a sign above it that says "City Sales" or something like that.

Your other local option that I'm aware of is The Reloader's Bench in Mt Juliet, but Champion's Choice has better prices and they're closer to you.

Contact Champion's Choice in LaVergne. They're a mail order/ catalog sales place, but they have a local sales counter. I don't have their phone number handy, but I can tell you how to get there. Take I-24 to the Waldron Rd exit, number 64 I believe. Coming from Murfreesboro, turn right. Go past the Pilot, the Arby's, etc...

Turn right at the 3rd light (first red light once the road goes down to 2 lanes) and it's the big blue building on your right. Drive around to the back and there will be a door with a sign above it that says "City Sales" or something like that.

Your other local option that I'm aware of is The Reloader's Bench in Mt Juliet, but Champion's Choice has better prices and they're closer to you.

+1. Have purchased stuff from them before just not primers. I primarliy get my reloading supplies from Gamaliel Shooting Supplies http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/home.php. During major events, they come down to the Tn Clay Target complex so I place an order with them ahead of time and they bring it down for me to pick up there. Last October I paid $29 for Win 209 primers and Magnum shot however last I checked they both went up to $35. Good luck and have fun reloading.

Edited by DavidD
added link
I bought small pistol primers at Champion's Choice a little over a week ago for $28.00 plus tax per thousand.

Good price, especially compared to others around here. Will try them for primers next time. I assume they sell powder too?

Good price, especially compared to others around here. Will try them for primers next time. I assume they sell powder too?

They don't list it on their website, but I'm almost certain I saw powder prices up on the wall when I was there. You can call and check to be sure.

Champion's Choice

201 International Blvd

LaVergne TN 37086

615-793-4066

I wonder if they can send a list of the powders they stock? I'm so new at this I wouldn't know what to ask for w/o having my reloading manual in hand. If I can get a list I could look each powder up 1 at a time and see which is which.

I picked up 5k primers there a couple of weeks ago. Just make sure you don't go during lunch...

Mark

Guest canebreaker

Always ask for cataloges. Free ones help the most.

Pick up all powder loading bookets you can find. May

have to ask for them. Reloaders bench sticks all that

free stuff in the right rear corner of the store.

Or go online and search the different powder co., print

and make your own notebook.

www.castboolits.gunloads.com is a good place to search.

I printed off the 3 different lee dipper/powder charts, the

powder fire rate charts.

I have copied all paper work that comes with molds, dies,

presses and kits. Places them in the see thru sheets in a

notebook.