Cleanest training ammo for 1911

Guest yellowsulphur29

Guest yellowsulphur29

Hey guys,

I am a new member and first time posting here, so I hope I don't repeat something that has already been commented many times over.

Recently purchased a Kimber Crimson Carry II back in Sept and have since put 1500 rounds through it without the first issue. I typically shoot Remington UMC, American Eagle, or Winchester WB. Now I clean my gun after every trip to the range which usually means 100-150 rounds at a time. I have found that all three of these manufacturers rounds are extremely dirty, the worst being the Winchester. I typically buy my ammo in bulk and mostly have been paying between 16-18 dollars a box of 50 in each of these so I would like to keep the price somewhere close to that. What I was wondering is what you guys feel is some clean .45acp for basic range shooting...I know that is probably an oxymoron saying clean training ammo. I have cor bon and Speer GD for my SD rounds but cannot justify shooting this stuff for target even though it is extremely clean.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is tough to find a clean shooting .45 for that price. Outside of Walmart WWB .45 you will be hard pressed to find .45s for 16-18/box. You may want to look at Speer Lawman. I have found it to be a step above those you mentioned, but you won't find it for less than $20-22/50. Georgia Arms makes a good range .45 FMJ. They are out of stock right now, and have been for around 6 months.

Guest yellowsulphur29

Thanks for the help. I am not against paying up to 25 a box, but anything more than that hurts the wallet...especially for range ammo. I have heard some good things about the lawman, but cannot find it in stock anywhere, and few places near Knoxville carry it. About the only thing I can shoot right now is my .22 rifles and buckmark due to the lack of ammo available. Kind of wishing I had bought a .40 now since I can find it everywhere.