1911 Citadel?

Paletiger13

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I compared it, the Taurus the Rock Island and the Para GI with the American Classic I ultimately bought.

I found the fit and finish better than the RI, and the slide fit better than the Taurus. The one I looked at was a full size, and had the extended beaver tail, which I didn't like, but overall was similar in quality to the ACII, also made in the Philippines.

They were going just a touch over $450, IRC.

It's not quite as good as the Para, overall, but for the money it seemed to be as good a deal as the ACII that I bought, and really like.

I have handled both in the store the RI did seem so have a better feel from what I undersatnd the RI and Citiadel are made by the same company. The Citiadel has a sub-compact version with a 3.5 inch barrel Im not sure if I have seen and RI in compact version. The Citiadel I tried was very hard to rack the slide. I would definetly play with it before purchase:2cents:

I have the RI Tactical and they are a nice pistol for the money,the slide fit is tight,the sights are decent combat Novaks and the darn thing is really accurate not to mention I have only ran 75 rounds thru it of which 16 were JHP in Winchester and Fiochhi,all fed reliably,for the money you cant go wrong.

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

BTW-This is a 3 1/2 inch barrel officers frame series 70 with no firing pin safety or plunger,bull barrel bushingless.beavertail grip,flared and lowered ejection port,beveled mag well,commander hammer and a good skeleton trigger-whats not to like

Edited by krunchnik
Adding specs
I'd like a full size. Anybody know what a fullsize is valued at used?

If you are looking for a budget full size (or compact) go to Gunbroker and search for "Rock Island 1911". You'll find tons of them sold by Phil at Belshire Hardware. That buy it now price is what you can get it for if you go pay him a visit.

Don't ask me how I know. :hijack:

I know they are made in the Phillipines, but does anybody have any info on them?

Price, reliability,ect.?

Thanks for posting the thread. I'm in the process of converting my pistol collection over to carry weapons and the Citadel was on my list. Been looking at the RI also. Thought I might go to the GunShow in Nashville this weekend and fondle a couple.