Gun Show Carry Etiquette

Guest db99wj

Yea I didn't get to go. I had something come up this morning as I was about to leave. Oh well maybe next time. :D

That's alright, I'm sure I will meet you soon, RangeUSA is my range of choice.

Free commercial: If you are ever in the Memphis area, RangeUSA is worth a visit, very nice indoor range, great people, decent restaurant and reasonable prices!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 interesting things there besides all the normal weird stuff you might expect:

1. Any body know about that group, the Tennessee Guard or something like that? They are somewhat organized and sponsored by the state, meet once a year and do some stuff, not sure what.

2. There was a guy that was selling booklets on Concealed carry, it was basically a quick reference guide for when you are traveling. It has procedures on what you do when you go through states that don't honor us, like West VA, and there basic stuff, kinda like packing.org or one of the other sites like that. That is not the weird part.

He also had some pieces of paper, that were titled: Veterans of the U.S. Military Can Now Carry A Concealed Pistol In 27 states! Then it goes into highlights:

No training class necessary

Copy of your DD-214 is required

Pass a background investigation

Pay $117 for a 5 year license

License recognized by Tennessee and most Southern States

All the information you need to know is in the Legally Armed Verteran publication at this show or online at www.legallyarmed.com or send payment to person on revers.

No matter what uniform you wore, you can qualify.

Then on back it has the Please send me the publication, I've enclosed $5 plus $2 s/h made payble to this dude in Murfreesboro.

Disclaimer, I have no affiliation with these people at all, the site has some neat info on it.

2 interesting things there besides all the normal weird stuff you might expect:

1. Any body know about that group, the Tennessee Guard or something like that? They are somewhat organized and sponsored by the state, meet once a year and do some stuff, not sure what.

A guy from Tungsten's other board that we both know named Carlton is in the TN Stage Guard. He has something written on his website about it. go to http://www.vcmoore.com/main.html and click About Me, then scroll down.

• 1 year later...
nevermind....i had misread something and thought there was one.

what ya plan on getting from joe?

I was planning on getting one of those cmmg .22 conversions for my AR and picking up some M&P9 mags. My girlfriend also wants to fondle some carry pieces. I'm going to try my hardest to not check out the M1As.

Guest Legally Armed

This thread started talking about the gun show at the Fairgrounds in Memphis. The show this weekend is NOT there. It is at the AG Center in Germantown. From the RK Gun Show website: Feb 7-8 TN Germantown, AG Center

We will be there so stop by and say HI!

Another show will be at the Nashville Fairgrounds (Bill Goodman Gun Show). We will be there also.

He also had some pieces of paper, that were titled: Veterans of the U.S. Military Can Now Carry A Concealed Pistol In 27 states! Then it goes into highlights:

No training class necessary

Copy of your DD-214 is required

Pass a background investigation

Pay $117 for a 5 year license

License recognized by Tennessee and most Southern States

All the information you need to know is in the Legally Armed Verteran publication at this show or online at www.legallyarmed.com or send payment to person on revers.

No matter what uniform you wore, you can qualify.

For a sec there I thought this was something new, but it's not. You still have to have some sort of pistol training or qualification from the military not more than 5 years out from your discharge. If you qualify, the only thing different you have to do different than anybody else is not have to take the HCP course.