Beretta M9 20th Anniversary

Capbyrd

So some of you might have read my thread about me purchasing a Sig P250 for Christmas and then finding out that I hated shooting it. Well I sold it Friday and picked up a replacement. I bought a Beretta M9 20th Anniversary edition. It is an absolutely beautiful gun in my opinion and after the purchase, I found out it came with a nifty little display case as well.

Tonight, I took it to the range and absolutely LOVE this gun. A friend and myself ran through several scenarios of shooting including one handed shooting and found this gun to be extremely easy to one hand. Since this is a special edition or whatever, I am most likely going to pick up a regular 92 to carry and use as a range toy so that I can keep the beautiful finish on this one but it will get shot at least yearly.

I know the thread is worthless without pics so I will try to get some up tomorrow.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the purchase! While I love my EDC M&P...I took a 92 out to the range today that I bought last week. I've gotta tell ya...the thing is a tack driver! I'll be changing the over to a "D spring" and having a trigger job next week:up: . You'll love your beretta. Now go watch Die Hard and you'll love it even more.

Guest Straight Shooter

Ive loved my M9 for a year now. Ive got one of the USMC Commemoratives, with the red aluminum grips. I installed a Wolff steel guide rod, a slightly heavier recoil spring...16lbs. vs. 13lb. factory, a D spring, and an Essex hammer. Shoots very sweet. Ive put nigh on 2000 rounds thru her,nary a bobble. One thing, the 147grain JHP's shoot very low in this gun. It likes 115gr +p and 124gr +p. Its wicked fast out of my Serpa holster. I keep 124grain Federal Hydra-Shocks loaded for carry.

Crappy iphone pic but its the best I can do for now.

M9.jpg

The side that is visible in this picture says "The Second Decade 1985-2005" and the other side says "M9 America's Defender."

To me, this is an absolutely beautiful gun and it is a joy to shoot. I plan on buying a regular 92 so that this doesn't have to see too many more rounds.

Guest Tenngunner

Capbyrd:

So some of you might have read my thread about me purchasing a Sig P250 for Christmas...

Link to that thread, please.

Glad you like your M9, but I (personally) like the Storm, in a Beretta. :P

You'll love that thing. I'd never owned one before this year, so I decided to get one a few months ago and "try it out." Always the skeptic, of course. Now I have three!:cheers:

I fully intend to buy at least one more. I might get another 92 and then get a 96 to accompany it. Ive heard people say bad things about the 92 but I think it is an absolute joy to shoot. Cant wait to get one for EDC and range time.

Guest Todd@CIS

Come to think about it, I think the 92/96 series are the ONLY centerfire semi-autos that I've never had a malfunction out of. I carried one while I was in the military.

Edited by Todd@CIS