advice on a possible gun trade

tonye

a friend i work with is wanting to trade me his g23 and a SW m&P 9mm,for my kimber tactical pro. so i guess my question is is it worth it or should i just pass on it. the kimber i bought used so i dont have alot of money in it, and both of his he bought new and have maybe 200rds through them.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are used to shooting 1911,s your not going to be happy with double action triggers,monetarily his offer is worth more money but its a tradeoff for a different type pistol.Its worth it if you think it is.Currently I own only 1 polymer pistol,but thats my preference.I am a big 1911 fan,go figure.:rolleyes::D

P.S. -Pro series 1911,s are currently a little hard to find used-I know

Edited by krunchnik
spelling

It's not the worst trade in the world. If he's your bud and he wants the Kimber really badly, I'd go ahead and do the trade. If he was some Joe off the street, I'd ask for a little cash compensation, if only because the new Gen 4 Glocks will cause that G23 to drop slightly in value.

If you like to shoot them more than you like to shine them I'd say do it... My experiences with Kimbers have been pretty bad though, I consider them about as tactical as a rock.

You could keep either the 23 or the M&P and maybe roll the other into something else down the road...

i must have one of the rare kimbers, i have about 2k rounds through it and its been flawless.

Ck1, thats what i was thinking was to keep one and trade or sell one off.

Edited by tonye
i must have one of the rare kimbers, i have about 2k rounds through it and its been flawless.

I'd keep the Kimber. 2K rounds proves it's reliable and after all, it's a 1911.

I'd trade only because I've own 2 Mil-spec 1911's

Charles Daly 1911, and a Springfield Armory MilSpec 1911.

Both had bad extractors, that pretty much turned me off of them.

The Daly was used, the Springfield was NEW.

I now own Revolvers, or Glock, and Sigs if I could afford one.

You do,

Everyone I know that has a kimber hates em cuz they have problems. In fact every time I go to a gun show there is always several there looking to get rid of a kimber. Now on the other hand everyone that I know that owns a springfield likes them better than kimber and I have handled and shot both and I think the springfield is night and day better than the kimber. So personally, I would make that trade in a heart beat.

If you don't have another 1911 and you like this one you have, I wouldn't do the trade. Every collection needs a 1911 represented somehow or another. I am a Glock man, but I am also a 1911 man. Go figure.

Though I do not believe you could go wrong either way to be honest. Like you said, you can shoot them for a little bit, sell/trade them off for another 1911 like a Para Ord. Rock n roll.

Guest Hunter1969

I must have two of the rare Kimbers myself. Both have several thousand rounds through them flawlessly. Just have to clean them regularly and take care of them. As far as the Charles Daly 1911 and the Mil Spec springfield, that is what can you expect out of $400 1911's.

I must have two of the rare Kimbers myself. Both have several thousand rounds through them flawlessly. Just have to clean them regularly and take care of them. As far as the Charles Daly 1911 and the Mil Spec springfield, that is what can you expect out of $400 1911's.

Right, I like the loaded springfield, or the trp myself. Kimber in my opinion does not hold a candle to either one.