Is the HellStorm 2000 and GAT Trigger legal in TN?

Guest tnvolfan

Guest tnvolfan

The HellStorm 2000 device that makes your AR into a purely automatic rifle, and the GAT Trigger lets you shoot one, three bursts, or multiple bursts. Are these legal in TN or not? The ad reads: "Legally converts most semi-automatic rifles to shoot like automatics."

What is the truth??

Here's the ad:

Trigger Systems

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21

I'd say hell no it's not legal...I'm sure it wouldn't matter whether or not the rifle is truly semi-auto or not. You are technically altering it to make it full-auto. Why would they bother outlawing new full-autos and allowing a product like this.

Legal?? As far as I can tell yes.

Is it worth it?? Doubtfull. Cheap enough for fools to buy and try but I've never heard of them working properly. If they did work properly, our government would have figured out a way to ban them by now. Remember, the government wants tax money for full autos......if this was a highly popular, high demand item, they'd be illegal or taxed....

I'm not quite sure why people who have no idea posted on this subject, but yes they are legal because, like the sping assist knife, they must be operated manually (there is no automated part that does anything to make the trigger work). Now you're question is answered.

The real question is does the thing actually work. The answer that nearly everyone that has been sucked in by the add will give is a resounding HELL NO. I think every firearm forum will have this question raised at some point or another, and the answer that always comes up is that nobody can seem to get the things to work because they don't.

You will have much better luck if you just practice bump firing.

But if you must have a "device" this one works in exactly the same way.

Guest clsutton21
I'm not quite sure why people who have no idea posted on this subject...

I posted what I thought and never said it WAS one way or the other. I'm not quite sure why you posted this statement. Does it make you feel better about yourself?

I'm not quite sure why people who have no idea posted on this subject, but yes they are legal

Did ya wake up on the wrong side of the sheets??

Uhh...I said they were legal. Besides that, I've seen a few at various ranges "in action". Usually they work for a few "bumps" then the rifle malfunctioned. Mostly AR's and AK's....

I stand corrected. Yes, the only successful stories I've heard of has been on 10/22's.

This is the first success story I've heard of to date. Fortunatly, OhShoot's the only person brave enough to try it out for us on a .22.....:cool::)

Edited by kwe45919
Did ya wake up on the wrong side of the sheets??

Uhh...I said they were legal. Besides that, I've seen a few at various ranges "in action". Usually they work for a few "bumps" then the rifle malfunctioned. Mostly AR's and AK's....

This is the first success story I've heard of to date. Fortunatly, OhShoot's the only person brave enough to try it out for us on a .22.....:cool::)

Sorry, I'm not usually that pissy. I wasn't necessarily as aggravated with the posters as I am that the manufacturer is still making that crap.

The trigger system that OS is using is actualy the BMF system which is a crank type system, not a bump fire, made especially for a 10/22.

I'm not quite sure why people who have no idea posted on this subject, but yes they are legal because, like the sping assist knife, they must be operated manually (there is no automated part that does anything to make the trigger work). Now you're question is answered.

The real question is does the thing actually work. The answer that nearly everyone that has been sucked in by the add will give is a resounding HELL NO. I think every firearm forum will have this question raised at some point or another, and the answer that always comes up is that nobody can seem to get the things to work because they don't.

You will have much better luck if you just practice bump firing.

But if you must have a "device" this one works in exactly the same way.

So they are charging 60 bucks for a heavy duty rubberband?

Guest tnvolfan

You can get the Hell Storm 2000 for $29.97, and the GAT Trigger System for $39.97. This is something a friend of mine was thinking about getting, and when I asked someone at a local gun shop, the first thing he said was that they were illegal. Of course, the HellStorm reps say that they definitely are legal. I do believe it surely must depend on the state you live in. Fortunately, Tennessee is a little more reasonable about these sort of things.

By the way, thank you one and all for your opinions. I will definitely share them with my friend, who wants to put one on his AR.

The trigger system that OS is using is actualy the BMF system which is a crank type system, not a bump fire, made especially for a 10/22.

Just to clarify, I don't own one; reason I said it worked, kid at Norris had one, fired several Butler Creek long mags worth with it, just fine, he said he'd had it for a good while. It's pretty simple, no reason it wouldn't work indefinitely.

Practical?

No.

- OS