AR-15 / M-16 / M-4 ARMORING COURSE in Waverly TN

AR-15 / M-16 / M-4 ARMORING COURSE

"OPEN ENROLLMENT"

My Sheriff's Office is hosting this class. If you are interested in attending follow the directions below. Let me know if you have any questions.

When: March 9-10, 2010

(March 11, 2010 Law Enforcement Shotgun Armorer Course which is also Open Enrollment)

Where: Waverly Tennessee

Cost: $350 (Register Through his Website)

Defensive Edge SLR15 Rifles - (763) 712-0123 - Home

SLR15 Rifles has been featured in SWAT Magazine, Guns & Ammo Magazine Tactical Guns & Gear Annual, Shooting Times, Gun Digest, Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement Magazine, and Precision Rifle Magazine. Our Armoring Course has been taught for a decade all over the country, and was reviewed in SWAT Magazine. This course covers all variants of the AR-15/M16/M-4 weapons system with 2-days of hands on training which goes far beyond basic disassembly & reassembly.

Here is a brief overview of what is covered:

History of the Weapon

Cycles of Function

General Disassembly & Assembly

Identification of Common Problems and Parts

Nomenclature

Identification of Group Components

Semi, Burst, and Full Auto Parts and Conversions

Complete Armoring Disassembly / Assembly

Barrel Replacement

Cleaning and Maintenance

Sight and Distance Considerations

Ballistic Issues

Barrel Twist, Length, and Choices

Gas System

Parts Interchangability, including Brands

Headspace

Firing Pin Protrusion

Trigger Jobs

Chamber Inspection and Polishing

Accessories and Customizing

Tool Options and Selection

Iron Sights (A1/A2/A3) Disassembly/Reassembly

Optics

SOP/MOD Accessories and Additions

Etc

All tools, manuals, and anything else that is necessary is supplied. We will provide rifles with prior arrangements so we know how many to bring. We prefer that students bring their own weapon systems to get familiar with their own configuration and modifications, plus this allows the time for a good thorough cleaning and inspection, plus we can replace and repair any parts necessary. This is a very intensive course that we cover in 2-days, so be prepared to get a lot of hands on knowledge.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be sending my application in on Monday.

Great Bob, love to have you in the class. Let me know if you have any trouble or need anything. BTW, you should have or will be getting a letter confirming the CPA. Or at least that's what I was told.

Guest jsjracing

I am interested in this class was going over the site and for the course. "Open to LE/Military and responsible gun owners with credentials (see Training Application)"

I was wondering about the credentials?

Sorry found the answer!

Edited by jsjracing
Found answer.

Hey Rob,

I'm interested in taking this class. I was wondering what I need to send in with the money and application that shows that I am a valid permit holder.

Is a copy of that along with my drivers license enough ?

Looks to be a very educating class. Thanks for posting about it :D

Hey Rob,

I'm interested in taking this class. I was wondering what I need to send in with the money and application that shows that I am a valid permit holder.

Is a copy of that along with my drivers license enough ?

Looks to be a very educating class. Thanks for posting about it :D

That should be enough. It is not so much about being a permit holder as it is not being a mad bomber, Haji, drug dealer, or murder. You will be fine. Let me know if you need anything else.

Love to see you there!!

Edited by BIG ROB
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...