Looking to shoot AR's in Jackson

I found an indoor range in Jackson that let's you shoot up to .300 Win Mag and plan on taking my AR for some range time. If anyone would like to meet up to chew the fat and burn through some ammo, PM me and we'll try to link up. I work weird hours and generally have only weekday mornings available.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

If it is the Great outdoors store it is only 25 yards. If it is somewhere else I am very interested. I am interested anyway if anyone wants to shoot somewhere near Jackson even the GOS.

Let us know GIJake...PM inbound

I know 25 yards isn't ideal for shooting rifles, but there are no public outdoor ranges in within an hour and half from me here in Oakland. My new AR build needs to be broken in somewhere! I know we can shoot at Natchez, but the weather is less than ideal this time of year.

I know 25 yards isn't ideal for shooting rifles, but there are no public outdoor ranges in within an hour and half from me here in Oakland. My new AR build needs to be broken in somewhere! I know we can shoot at Natchez, but the weather is less than ideal this time of year.

I know what you mean. I was going up to Brighton Arms (about 45 min drive from Memphis), but they suddenly closed. I plan to join MSSA in Arlington in June. I hate having my M&P 15T and 15-22 and being limited to 25 yards. I have a Mossberg 930spx that I have yet to shoot( I have cleaned it three times without one round thru it). I think the $500 joining fee will be worth it to get rid of this frustration.

MSSA is nice. A member took me as a guest a few weeks back. MSSA is well worth the fees. As soon as i can find the cash i will be joining.

Range USA allows .223/5.56 and shotguns saturday nights 6-9pm. You have to use their frangible ammo. It is usually crowded at 6. The best time to get their is around 7pm. I went this past saturday night. I usually shoot 1 or 2 mags of their ammo then i finish up my lane time shooting one of my pistols.

Guest Sgt. Joe
This is a private range/club, but it is in Jackson and membership is very reasonable...

IDPA

THANKS Jax,:rolleyes: Someone told me there was a range on Riverside and it seems after looking at the map that I turned around just before I got there.

Looks like a place I need to join but the application says you must have a member as a reference and I dont know anyone who is. I guess I will ask around but it seems if anyone I knew already knew about this place they would have mentioned it.

I will keep checking around though, it looks like a nice place and the membership is definitely reasonable.

Thanks Again ;)

Sgt. Joe,

Regading references, the best thing to do is to show up for a few matches and get to know some of the members. Matches are open to the public, so it is a good way to "try out" the range and get to know some folks. If you have a long drive, you might call first to make sure the match is still on.

THANKS Jax,:up: Someone told me there was a range on Riverside and it seems after looking at the map that I turned around just before I got there.

Looks like a place I need to join but the application says you must have a member as a reference and I dont know anyone who is. I guess I will ask around but it seems if anyone I knew already knew about this place they would have mentioned it.

I will keep checking around though, it looks like a nice place and the membership is definitely reasonable.

Thanks Again :P

What's the name of the range?

Guest Crunchman

Unfortunately, I had a brain fart and let the time slip away on my TSF renewal. I have to rejoin and soon. I started out going to some of the .22 metallic matches and got to know a few of the members. Joining was no trouble after that. If I remember correctly, the public matches start in April.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed TSF for match info. Here is the reply:

"Matches are held each second Sunday at 2 pm and fourth Saturday at 1 pm, weather permitting. Range location: 3583 Riverside Drive, Jackson, TN * 5 miles south of Sadie Lou’s located at the corner of “D” street and Riverside Drive * Weather check go to: www.RandyWallaceCPA.com/idpa.htm

SUNDAY MATCH

Weather permitting, there will be a match this Sunday beginning at 2 pm. If you would like to help set up the stages, be at the range about 30 minutes prior to starting time. If the weather is “if-y,” go to the link above right and check to see if the match has been called off."

Edited by gotigers

$400 to join + $240 per year for MSSA vs $50 + $75 per year at TFA. $500 per year is a lot of gas money. I like MSSA. I have visited. I can't afford the App fee. I would prefer MSSA. It is only 15 miles away from me.

Edited by gotigers

yeah, it is a bit of a drive to TFA. For me it is about 65 miles. 15 miles for me to MSSA. MSSA is a really nice place. It has more than enough lanes. MSSA has some of the nicest shotgun facilities i have seen. If you shoot clays then MSSA is the place. MSSA is so close for me i would go broke paying for ammo. I would be shooting all the time.