Guest editorial: Bill puts at risk a major industry

Randy Rayburn opines on the latest attempt to allow carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Guest editorial: Bill puts at risk a major industry | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Bar business drives economy

The history, culture — and economy — of our state's largest cities is rooted in the honky tonks of Nashville, the blues clubs of Beale Street, the bustling downtown of Chattanooga and the game-day atmosphere of Knoxville's Cumberland Avenue. We trifle with these at our peril.

There are many important rights, but when they conflict, property rights come first. John Adams said 200 years ago, "Property must be secured or liberty cannot exist."

The people of Tennessee understand all of this. The Tennessee Hospitality Association commissioned a scientific survey in the fall. Voters were asked about the conflict of rights, specifically whether they agreed with this statement: "Property owners should have the right to choose whether or not to allow handguns on their property, even if someone has a permit to carry a handgun."........

The guy is twisting the intent of the law to make it seem as though the property owner will have no say on whether guns are permitted on his property or not.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Private property owners can always ask patrons to leave if the property owner does not like a certain behavior he sees....a law that 'allows' people to carry firearms does not change that. What is there to be uptight about? Kind of like nothing illegal about someone picking his nose and wiping boogers on this Rayburns bar while having a beer, but he can still ask the booger picker to leave.

Easy. Take the initiative and do it.

Where would we send it to?

His e-mail account is useless...they'd just be deleted

The Tennessean forums are full of libtards...

who could we make our side's point to that might leak out into the general population?

• Administrator
Where would we send it to?

His e-mail account is useless...they'd just be deleted

The Tennessean forums are full of libtards...

who could we make our side's point to that might leak out into the general population?

AR15.com has a decent size "Tennessee Neighborhood" forum. Combine forces with them, the TFA, etc. and start hounding Rayburn every time he dares use the media to spin his lies.

Guest TnRebel
Doesn't surprise me in the least. It is Rayburn after all. :D Funny thing is I would welcome a law that would in fact let the Restaurant's decide whether or not to allow carry. I could also make my own decision about going in.

I have these printed up and waiting .

jzw6sx.jpg

Guest jackdm3

Glad someone's getting these going on. Not one or two days after we last addressed this, CSS HUNLEY was trudging through the snow ripped his lower quad walking down the pitched driveway. It was really what you call "The Dead Leg." So anyway, he's got that to deal with this momentarily before sending ya'll print designs.

Guest jackdm3

Get with TnRebel to see how he got it printed. Finding printers to do quality slick cards it the trick. Hunley gave me a good handfull because he works for a printer and gets to use over-run materials. I'm sure that within TN, there has got to be somebody that can get some freebies or barters in all the major towns.

Guest TnRebel

I have it in Word and in PDF and use a business card formatting any quality printer if any one likes I will send them the format. if you printer will only do one-sided printing then just flip and run the back , I suggest on the first run to use standard paper till you have it just right and then use business card photo paper if you want the good glossy card.