Since the cat is out of the bag and the rabbit died...

rentalguy1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're doing our best to be positive, excited and overjoyed. The initial shock is beginning to wear off, and the realities of what we need to do in preparation are setting in. They way we see it, God wanted us to have this child for a reason, and you don't screw with God's will (even though we are a mixed-religion couple and neither of us are very religious). Who knows, maybe this kid will change the world for the better. We already know our son will. He just brought home his second straight A report card from the 7th grade...which is the grade I failed in school due to laziness. I feel the need to brag, because he is smoking it! Awesome kid! Extremely intelligent and a very hard worker.

Better you than me. But congrats anyway.

My only child - a daughter - is turning 11-years-old tomorrow, and I have no desire to have another. When she turns 18, I'll be 40, and hope to be able to enjoy my "older years".

I may be in the minority here, but I can't imagine myself still raising children into my 50's and 60's.

I wish a happy and healthy pregnancy for your wife and baby.

Guest Sgt. Joe

My wife had my then 2+ year old daughter hand me a positive pregnancy test from the Doc's office.

It looked just like the one we had when she was born and I thought it was the same one, and just the wifes cute idea of having her hand it to me.

The wife just kept looking at me and then asked if I had read it all, so I looked again.... it was then that I noticed the date on it:eek:......I nearly had a stroke.:D

She said I did not even breath for a solid 5-10 minutes.

The stroke effect was well reasoned as he is now 9 and has been a total trip for all nine years, talk about a character!

As much of a shock that it was....Now it is hard to understand how we ever thought we could do without him.:D

I am 52 and really far too old for this kid raisin stuff.....But as someone else said nothing brings more joy than my kids, however they failed to mention at times they also make me want to pull my hair out!:D

CONGRATS and you are correct SIR..... it is God's will.

Better you than me. But congrats anyway.

My only child - a daughter - is turning 11-years-old tomorrow, and I have no desire to have another. When she turns 18, I'll be 40, and hope to be able to enjoy my "older years".

I may be in the minority here, but I can't imagine myself still raising children into my 50's and 60's.

I wish a happy and healthy pregnancy for your wife and baby.

That was pretty much our thoughts on the first few days. I was going to be 42 when our son turned 18, and I was really looking forward to it. Apparently there was bigger things in the hopper for us, though, so we don't have a choice but to deal with it. To be honest, I am starting to get excited now. We have decided to buy a larger house and keep our current house for a income property. We have pre-qualified for a mortgage, and I am calling our realtor this morning. We hope to start looking at properties this weekend. There is a ton of stuff I need to do around the house, and otherwise, so I will be nice and busy for a while. That is good since I am bored most days. The only thing that is really making me worry (I'm merely concerned about everything else now) is that I am not sure how I will keep up with a toddler with my spinal conditions. I'll just have to do my best and figure out a way to get some help when I need it.