OK what class next

Guest Basevol

Guest Basevol

I passed the HCP course yesterday, now I'm thinking about another class just not sure what my best choice should be. I would love to learn to shoot better, but also I need to be able to protect my family as well. What's your suggestions on the next class.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed the HCP course yesterday, now I'm thinking about another class just not sure what my best choice should be. I would love to learn to shoot better, but also I need to be able to protect my family as well. What's your suggestions on the next class.

Take a look at our Defensive Handgun Workshop coming up in April:

DEFENSIVE HANDGUN WORKSHOP ($165.00)

April 17-18 (Smyrna) 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m

This is a two day, intermediate level skill builder course emphasizing firearms safety, marksmanship, and basic tactics. Defensive Handgun Workshop is designed as the first follow-up course for those who have recently completed a Carry Permit course or Armed Security course, or as a refresher course for those with previous handgun experience. DHW topics include "The Combat Triad", presentation from a holster, movement, scanning and threat assessment, malfunction drills, failure to stop drills, concealed carry methods, tactical and emergency reloads, addressing multiple threats, shooting from cover, and police-type qualification courses of fire. A Tennessee Handgun Carry Permit, or other acceptable previous firearms training is a prerequisite..

These are the one's I've taken....all good classes

NRA Personal Protectin in the Home (HGR)

NRA PErsonal Protection Outside the Home (HGR)

Defensive Pistol I (The Range)

Defensive Pistol (CIS)

All were great classes...and I learned something different in each one.

Check out the Combat Focus shooting class from Rob Pincus at I.C.E. He's got this coming up at Coal Creek Armory in May. Coal Creek Armory I've taken this twice over the years. I'd take it again but I have other plans for the date scheduled.

Also check out Tactical Response in Camden TN for their Fighting Pistol course. Many here seem to bad mouth James Yeager, but I've found his instruction to be excellent and a great value.

Assuming you have some kind of holster, I'd try to find an "intro" defensive HG class where you do holster drawing. Other than that, I'd take as many classes as you can. I'd recommend some places, but they're here on the wrong side of the state.

I signed up for the advanced concealed carry class at C.I.S. in Smyrna next month. Bit of a drive from K-town but from what I've read, it will be worth it.

Guest scott6261

i like the idea of a class that would focus on dealing with the stresses and mind control during a situation in which you are loaded with adrenalin.

some tactical classes would be a great idea too