Choking Warning on HotDogs

lowbud

Are they kidding? When is the madness going to end on all this save the children crap. How the hell are they going to re-design the hotdog. give me a break. What a flippin joke!

What they should do instead is place warning labels on parents.

Edited by lowbud
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rystine

I guess I don't see it as a big deal that a company is in CYA mode. Whats really sad is that a parent would be stupid enough to sue a hot dog company rather than taking the responsibility for cutting the hot dog up in chunks big enough for their kid to choke on.

I guess I don't see it as a big deal that a company is in CYA mode. Whats really sad is that a parent would be stupid enough to sue a hot dog company rather than taking the responsibility for cutting the hot dog up in chunks big enough for their kid to choke on.

You don't get it. There wasn't a label to tell her to cut it up into smaller pieces, so there is no way she knew could have known the danger.;)

exactly the point here.. where does it end? I can see it now.. a child warning on EVERYTHING.. casue anything and everything can hurt a child if left to their own devices..

Guest Plainsman

Accountability, responsibility and the most basic forms of common sense have left this country. I work with parents and children every day, and someone always wants someone else or something to blame for their lack of parenting. We are now engrossed in a litigious and "entitled" society and show no signs of retreating from this way of thinking. Generations to come are doomed....and are proving to selfish and dumb to do anything about it.

you do realize this thread is about kids, right?

Seems to me that it's about adults being unthinking dumbasses... kids just happen to be victims of those adult's stupidity.

J.

P.S. I guess Eric Stavros Adler's mother never saw Field of Dreams.

Edited by Jamie
so back on topic, why don't parents teach their rugrats to chew?

Problem solved.

Because that would not only require taking responsibility, but would also eliminate the chance to sue somebody for a fat paycheck... And we all know we can't have that. ;)

J.

Several post removed to clean up thread.

Remember this post from the admin?

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tn-gun-owners-announcements/32933-off-topic-remarks-thread-hijacking-becoming-problem-again.html#post430134

TGO Peeps...

I've noticed lately that off-topic remarks (aka Thread Hijacking) are becoming a serious problem again. This needs to stop, particularly in our more topic-oriented forums and I am asking the moderating team to assist in making sure this happens.

The overall value of the threads posted on TGO diminishes when people initiate side-line conversations inside of threads, or turn a thread's direction an entirely different heading because of off-topic chatter. Socializing is certainly a key point of any Internet forum, but there are times and places within TGO where it's just poor form.

Please do your part to help reduce this problem on our site. Be respectful of the forum rules and most importantly of the person who started a thread with an express purpose or intent in mind.

Thanks.

Nearly half of the post in this thread were distracting from the topic at hand.

Everyone likes a joke, but that is the trouble, EVERYONE does. So everyone thinks they have to get in their shot and pretty soon the topic of the thread is lost in jokes and back and forth about other things.

Lets all try to do a better job in keep thing threads on topic and not detracting from them.

No need to reply to this post as it would just start another off-topic discussion.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by Fallguy

Sometimes I think many social issues would be solved if humans had a natural predator. A little 'survival of the fittest' is good for any species. (I realize that sounds REALLY cold, but seriously, when we have people breeding who have no business being parent's, ya gotta wonder how much weaker they are making the gene-pool)

Pretty much ANY solid food can be choked on, either accidentally or through ignorance/stupidity/etc... what's the solution? Allow the FDA regulate how large a bite you can take, or how many times you are required to chew before swallowing?

Sometimes I think many social issues would be solved if humans had a natural predator. A little 'survival of the fittest' is good for any species. (I realize that sounds REALLY cold, but seriously, when we have people breeding who have no business being parent's, ya gotta wonder how much weaker they are making the gene-pool)

Pretty much ANY solid food can be choked on, either accidentally or through ignorance/stupidity/etc... what's the solution? Allow the FDA regulate how large a bite you can take, or how many times you are required to chew before swallowing?

+1 The "drawback" to prosperity is that many people who would otherwise not be here make it. Our preditor used to be survival.

Assuming the Hot Dog is cooked either in hot water or on the grill then it could be served at a temp high enough to cause a burn therefore the choking waring should be expended to add a burn hazard clause and then of course if you drop it on the floor steping on it could cause you to slip and fall so it should able be labeled as a trip hazard and also ....etc, etc. ;):blah::D is there no end? The warning label will be bigger than the package.