New Walther P99c AS

Guest Randy

Guest Randy

Picked up my new Walther at the Armory in Lebanon. Mat was great to work with. Cleaned and went to the range at G&L with my son and his new Walther PK380. Great guns the PK 380 is so light and handles sweeeet. My P99c wasn't to shabby either.

Before you say were are the pics? I have been trying to post with no luck, any threads on directions on how to add pics or help appreciated.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thombj, I've got a SW990L that's pretty much the same as the Walther p99. It's got the quick action trigger but doesn't have a decocker. Great gun, really like it. The trigger felt a little rough at first but after 600 rounds it's smoothed out real nice. Good balanced feel to it and fits the hand perfectly.

I have beren thinking about the Walther QA, anyone have one?

thanks

I've had two and they are fantastic guns. I prefer the QA trigger because it is very similar to a Glock/M&P/ ect. trigger. The only thing i didn't care for was the long reset. It comes fairly heavy but you can change the striker spring and get a pretty decent trigger pull.

Thombj, I've got a SW990L that's pretty much the same as the Walther p99. It's got the quick action trigger but doesn't have a decocker. Great gun, really like it. The trigger felt a little rough at first but after 600 rounds it's smoothed out real nice. Good balanced feel to it and fits the hand perfectly.

The S&W versions trigger is a little different than either the AS or QA Walther triggers. It is a DAO. The AS is a DA/SA variant and the QA is a SA (Glock type SA). I know it is technically not SA, but I think it make sit more understandable to describe it that way.

I have beren thinking about the Walther QA, anyone have one?

thanks

I have 2 QA's as well, they are great guns, both in compact and full size. I do want a full size AS in 9mm one of these days(whenever i find a great deal on one)

The QA trigger needs a little getting used to but once you get a hang of it, it is pretty nice, plus the P99's have a decocker that most striker fired handguns don't.

Lets try this .

?action=postuploadshare

Close.

P99ASCompact31s.jpg

Easiest way to do it from photobucket is to

• Navigate to pic you want to post
  • Roll mouse over pic so that the menu bar appears at the top of pic
  • Roll over "Share" on that menu and choose "Post to Website"
  • Click "Get Link Code" tab
  • Copy the link under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" - Full Size
  • Paste into thread on TGO

**I like the looks of this thing. Looks alot like my p22 but would pack a bigger bang. Hmm.. this may be the "step-up" I make down the road. Have you shot the p22 before? Is it a similar feel as far as size, grip, etc??

Edited by SamZzz
Forgot to drool after adding pic. :-P
Picked up my new Walther at the Armory in Lebanon. Mat was great to work with. Cleaned and went to the range at G&L with my son and his new Walther PK380. Great guns the PK 380 is so light and handles sweeeet. My P99c wasn't to shabby either.

Before you say were are the pics? I have been trying to post with no luck, any threads on directions on how to add pics or help appreciated.

- If you email range (or other) photos and a description and a statement permitting online posting, to thearmorytn@yahoo.com we'll put them up on www.thearmorytn.com! We're working on a fun page for shooting photos from employees, friends, customers, etc! Or we can put them on www.facebook.com/thearmorytn. It does not have to be something you bought at the Armory - though of course we love if it is!

Guest Randy

I have picked up a P22 and the grip feels the same as the Walther PK380. And thanks for the info on posting pics. being fairly new to this i hope to get the hang of it and post more pics in the future.

Cool. I love the way my P22 feels in my hand.. perfect size. Most of the other "Bigger" guns I tried out just didn't feel that .. uhh.. secure? Like I could drop it at any time. I'll definitely have to give the PK380 and the P99 a look-see.

And no problem on the pic help, just glad I could help with something around here,, being new and all. :D

Yeah. The mag release is one of my favorite features on the Walthers as well. I played around with a Ruger MKIII and kept ejecting the mag when working the "slide" on it. With the Walther, there's no button to hit while doing other things, yet it's handy enough to still be able to eject with one hand/finger.