Big "Thumbs UP" to Sig Sauer

Hi everyone!

I’m not sure if this is the best location for this post or not but I just want to give a public “thank you†to Sig Sauer.

Early this month I participated in my first IDPA match with MCTS; it was a blast (although not the actually subject of this post)…when I went to clean my P220 the next day I found that I had lost a grip screw and washer. While not exactly a critical component, I’m pretty anal retentive about such things so I rushed to the internet to order a replacement. Sig Sauer’s website listed both the grip screws and washers for sale along with a package of most often requested replacement parts that included the grip screws but it listed both the grip screws alone as well as the package as temporality out of stock. I waited a few days…same story. I then started looking around at suppliers that claim to carry Sig parts, same story…everybody was out of stock!

Finally, I called Sig Sauer customer service and the very helpful gentlemen explained that although the website showed them out of stock, his inventory showed a couple of packages of grip screws as available…I gave him my CC info and address and made the purchase (the shipping was almost double what the actual cost of the item was going to be).

Last night, I get home and a package of screws and washers was there waiting for me, delivered by FedEx…I open the package, look at the receipt and NO CHAGE for either the item itself or the shipping!

On the one hand, I am not really that surprised as I’ve always believed that the gun community (both individuals and the manufacturing industry that makes all our goodies) are among the best group of folks to be found anywhere.

On the other hand, getting that kind of customer service from any company today is, unfortunately, not something most of us have come to expect and I think that when it does happen, the company deserves to be noted for it.

So, thanks Sig Sauer, both for making such quality firearms as well as for such great customer service!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 10mm4me

It is amazing what the manufacturers will do for you if you just ask. Typically they are very pleasant to deal with. I don't own any S&W's anymore, but when I did their CS was a pleasure to deal with. Good to know Sig is the same way. I have been thinking about drinking the Sig kool-aid here lately.

Guest JHatmaker

I've never had a bad experience w/ SIG. Great customer service, and one of the reasons I buy their firearms more so than another brand.

I lost a screw on one of my P226's and they send me a set for free as well. I also like the fact that if you buy one of their guns new they'll give you deep discounts on magazines etc.

I had to have two P238 mag replaced for the new ones. I called either last week or the week before. When I called the CS told me they were out but would ship them as soon as they got in. He asked for my address and what not then I asked if I need to send the old ones back and he said "No just throw them away or what ever you want to do with them." They showed up Tuesday. So I am very happy with there CS.

I had lost a grip screw out of my Sig P226 Elite last year and Sig only wanted to sell me the set plus the high shipping. I passed and took the gun to Jeff @ G&L. He had one that the Sig rep had left him. Jeff put it in for free.

+1 for Jeff and G&L!!!

I've never had a bad experience w/ SIG. Great customer service, and one of the reasons I buy their firearms more so than another brand.

I lost a screw on one of my P226's and they send me a set for free as well. I also like the fact that if you buy one of their guns new they'll give you deep discounts on magazines etc.

How can I take advantage of that? I'd love to pick up a couple for my 229, and right now it looks like $36 + shipping is the best I can do.

Thanks!

Guest Moody

I've never had a problem/issue with my Sig 1911 Carry, but I have never doubted their service - it's top notch. Glad to hear all of these great stories.