Buds Gun shop?????

kellyII

Hey guys, just got through registering with buds gun shop and I saw that you can finance weapons through them. I thought that was definately a way to increase sells. But I was wondering if any of you guys have financed any weapons through them. Just wantint to get some feedback on them..

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Straight Shooter

READ THE TERMS CAREFULLY!! A saw that awhile back, too. Got all giddy till I read the fine print. One thing I remember is the sale price is NOT whats financed. If you choose financing you pay FULL MSRP. I did a rough calculation on a rifle I had a bug for at the time, Ida paid double by the time it was paid off. There were a couple more points, but I forgot them as quickly as I read them. My personal advice, dont fool with the financing.

That is true... their advertised price is usually a "cash" price.

I don't know anything about the financing, but I was passing through Lexington a few days ago and visited Bud's shop. Wow, what an extremely helpful and courteous staff!! I think their physical store operates under a different FFL than the online store, but I was impressed with the operation. Bought some AR goodies that I haven't been able to find locally.

Edited by Batman
Guest bkelm18

I believe the financing is through GE Money Bank or something like that. Though financing something simple like a firearm just doesn't appeal to me.

I did two guns through their GE Money Bank credit, but made sure that I'd already had the money there just in case....def don't want the interest (~30%?). They are top notch folks. Would buy from them again in a heartbeat, but also try to send business to our local guys, too.

I'm reluctant to finance anything that I don't have to. Home, car... that's about it.

I agree. It took me a few years (and a few credit cards) to learn my lesson, and I should payoff the last of my debt (except for the house) this year. I use a separate account as my "fun money". When I save the cash, I buy the toy.

KellyII,

A 90 day no finance charge layaway might not be too bad, but I would stay away from the GE Money Bank credit financing. JMHO