Fallguy

Going to first new post doesn't seem to be working

Whether it is a link in an e-mail for a subscribed post like..

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37624&goto=newpost

or clicking on the Go To First New Post Icon (firstnew.gif) from the forum page, sometimes it just goes to the top of the thread instead of the first new post.

For whatever reason, doesn't seem to happen all the time.

I need to check a bit more, but it may actually just be one thread I am having this problem with.

In that thread I has made a post and subscribed to it, but later the post I was made was moved to a new thread. So now I am still subscribed to the thread, but my post is no longer in it.

I'll try to remember and keep check and if it is only in that one thread, it probably has something to do with that and I will either unsubscribe and the subscribe again...or just unsubscribe...lol

Still having some problems....but now on work computer.

I would think it might have something to do with cookies, but it does fine on some threads and not on others....:)

Started over the weekend for me. Happens on my phone, home computer and work computer. Three different OS's and three different browsers.

Well it didn't work for me either actually.

But still not sure why it does just fine on some threads and not others. :tough:

Well I still have problems on Home computer running XP, Work Computer running Windows 2000 and Laptop running Vista.

Guess the board just doesn't like me...lol

Also....just like when I made the above post, and it went back to the thread page...it went back to the top instead of showing me my post.

But it doesn't do it in all threads....really weird...

my solution is to just click the thread title instead of the first new post box. then I click view first unread. at least then I dont have to guess where my last place was.