Knob Creek Shoot in April

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea its worth the trip just for the gun show. Seeing the shoot is just a bonus. I have been going since 2002 twice a year. The gun show is the best around if you like NFA stuff or black rifles. If it is in the NFA world, there will be one up there. There is also alot of military/tactical equipment for sale too. Also, there is usually a UH-1 Huey and/or a OH-6 Cayuse flying around giving rides. If you go expect it to rain. It seems like it is always a mud fest for the Spring shoot and dusty as hell during the Fall shoot. Bring two pairs of shoes/boots for this reason. But the best advice I can give you is bring as much money as you can afford, cause you will find plenty of things to spend it on.

As far as deals go, they are up there. It just depends on what you are looking for and be willing to hunt to find them.There is alot of people selling bulk ammo so you can usually find a deal on it. But be prepaired to carry it all the way back to the car which can be a pretty good haul if you park in the lower parking lot. I'm not sure about the TN FFL, I cant remember if there is one or not.

There is going to be 10 in my crew for this shoot. We go up on Thursday and stay until late Saturday night. We bring a grill and "tailgate" out in the parking lot all weekend. So if any TGO members go, you and your crew are more than welcome to come by and grab a burger with us. We always cook plenty of food. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Here is a link to the thread about the Fall 09 shoot.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/general-off-topic/28193-knob-creek.html

Guest Gopher6

I've been going twice a year for about 10 years. I won't go this spring because I've spent my gun money already. As other posters have said,take lots of money and a raincoat. If you really want to get on the good side of your wife or girlfriend, take her too!!! I never will forget the look on my wife's face while setting on the bumper of a duce-and-a-half with rain running down her neck watching while I dug thru a box of greasy machine gun parts.

I would not take a 3 year old to this however. Very crowded, dirty, no kid friendly facilities and the noise would probably upset them.

I have been going for about 15 years. We have a group of about 4-8 that go up on Tuesday or Wednesday and camp thru Sunday. It has changed a lot over the years. It is worth the trip. It is almost always muddy or dusty (never in between). Wear comfortable shoes, carry plenty of water & cash.

Guest oldsmobile98

OK, made plans to go. I should be there all day Saturday. Hope to see you there, Jasongar8, Builder Bob, Johnny Utah, and any of you other TGO folks that thinking about going.

Guest mustangdave

went last October to the Knob Creek Mud Digger and Full Auto shoot...it took me tw solid washings to get that friggin mud out of and off the car...hope the weather is better this time

Guest MR_Lee

Hey im going this year it will be my first trip can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay and where best parking is im going up saturday would like to see the patton museum sunday any other suggestions to see while im there thanks guys

Hey im going this year it will be my first trip can anyone recommend a good hotel to stay and where best parking is im going up saturday would like to see the patton museum sunday any other suggestions to see while im there thanks guys

If you dont get there early, like 6am early, you are going to be humping a pretty good way. They have shuttles that run from the lower lot to the range if you need them.

As far as the hotel we stay at the Jameson Inn Louisville South. It is right off I-65 close to the airport. There is a Outback Steakhouse next to it so you can walk to dinner if you want. Very nice rooms and a very helpful staff. And it's only like 20 min from the range. You might want to go ahead an call to check on rooms because they sell out on Knob Creek weekend. Jameson Inn

I got up here and went to the range. The parking lots are kinda muddy but nowhere near as bad as last fall. With the pretty weather we should get tommrow they should be dried out for the weekend crowd. If any of you guys want to meet up we are set up in the upper right parking lot in a white trailer that has a big HK sticker on the side. We will be cooking all weekend and yall are more than welcome to come eat with us. We will be cooking plenty. Hope to see some fellow TGO'ers here.

Guest oldsmobile98
OK, made plans to go. I should be there all day Saturday. Hope to see you there, Jasongar8, Builder Bob, Johnny Utah, and any of you other TGO folks that thinking about going.

I had to cancel because of school. Gotta catch up. ;)

Have a blast, and thanks for the offer, Jasongar8.