Restaurant Carry Bill

Guest oldfella

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there have been many emails to Bredesen's office and I was wondering if anyone got anything at all back. I know that I didn't. I would be a bit surprised if there was anything more than a confirmation that they received and email. Jim Cooper is good at that!

Edited by Volzfan
I know there have been many emails to Bredesen's office and I was wondering if anyone got anything at all back. I know that I didn't. I would be a bit surprised if there was anything more than a confirmation that they received and email. Jim Cooper is god at that!

Anytime I have e-mailed him about a bill I didn't recieve anything back until well after it was decided one way or the other.

Guest pws_smokeyjones
I know there have been many emails to Bredesen's office and I was wondering if anyone got anything at all back. I know that I didn't. I would be a bit surprised if there was anything more than a confirmation that they received and email. Jim Cooper is god at that!

Yea, Bredesen stopped by my house this weekend to discuss my concerns and even shook my hand on the way out saying "I am here for you Mr. Jones"... :rolleyes:

Guest HexHead
Anytime I have e-mailed him about a bill I didn't recieve anything back until well after it was decided one way or the other.

The email thanking us for our input will probably come from the next Governor.

The more attention you guys bring to this by emailing and calling Bredesens office is the more attintion you bring to this issue... hes made up his mind and no one heres got the clout to change it. So lets wait and see, i have been told hes gonna let it sit unless there a big outcry about it.

Guest pws_smokeyjones
The more attention you guys bring to this by emailing and calling Bredesens office is the more attintion you bring to this issue... hes made up his mind and no one heres got the clout to change it. So lets wait and see, i have been told hes gonna let it sit unless there a big outcry about it.

Well snot.. I better call him and tell him to send my email back. :rolleyes:

Guest Fenris

This morning on Ralph Bristol he talked to Susan Lynn (R-Murfreesboro). She said that they were discussing saving a work day to come back and override a veto should Bredesen take that route.

I agree with the bold part 100% and pretty much the rest of it too.

This morning on Ralph Bristol he talked to Susan Lynn (R-Murfreesboro). She said that they were discussing saving a work day to come back and override a veto should Bredesen take that route.

Good deal...

IMO Cooper is a massive tool.

Same here, last go around w/ restaraunt carry he pulled the form letter response AFTER he'd slung a veto our way. Good riddance to this to Phil. But after the veto I did give a quick call to his office and give them my opinion.

douche.gif

(made me feel better):biglol:

Veto in the next few days

per Stacey Campfield:

The bill to allow legal permit holders to Carry in an establishment that sells alcohol is expected to be vetoed by Thursday before Bredesen skips town to go to China.

After passage the senate had the bill on Bredesens Desk in 37 minutes (No slow walking for that bill). Bredesen has 10 days from then to sign, let pass into law or veto the bill. If he doesn't do it by Thursday then he won't be able to do it when he returns. He has made inferences to leadership of his plan to veto the bill so expect it to happen in the next day or two.

Edited by ttocswob
quote block
Good, then we can quickly override and be done with it.

+1

.....just as long as they don't close the session this week.

As of this moment there is nothing on the House or Senate's schedules after Thursday of this week. One reason that makes me wonder if that is why he is waiting till then instead of doing it today.

Legislative sessions.....

Maybe someone who know a bit more than me can confirm this.

Isn't each session of the legislature 90 days?

The Senate is showing this Thursday as their 87th legislative day.

The House's website not laid out exactly the same...so not sure about them, but would guess it is roughly the same.

So if this is correct, there should be at least one more week left and enough time to override the veto.

this past Friday local radio had Senator Tim Burchett on the air about his run for Knox County Mayor. He commented how they had two or three more weeks to go. Sounded to me that they would be there through next week at least.

Guest Sgt. Joe

People like Phil have no conscience, how in the world does a Gov go against the will of the people and sleep at night???.....

Once was one thing and stupid enough but it should be obvious to him by now that "We the People of Tennessee" want this right, who the heck does he think he is !!! Costing more of OUR time and money to override his opinion?....Chaps me hide it does.

There is a special place for folks like that, there simply has to be. Maybe he would do well in Kalifornia. the farther away he goes the better.

Guest HexHead
Legislative sessions.....

Maybe someone who know a bit more than me can confirm this.

Isn't each session of the legislature 90 days?

The Senate is showing this Thursday as their 87th legislative day.

The House's website not laid out exactly the same...so not sure about them, but would guess it is roughly the same.

So if this is correct, there should be at least one more week left and enough time to override the veto.

Both chambers have sessions scheduled starting at 9am on Thursday. Hopefully, if he's going to veto the bill, he'll do it early in the morning. Maybe then they'll get to it later that day, instead of....

Delay, Delay, Delay.

Guest HexHead
People like Phil have no conscience, how in the world does a Gov go against the will of the people and sleep at night???.....

I'm not so sure we're "the will of the people". The will of the legislature perhaps, certainly the right thing to do perhaps. There's lots of compelling reasons for this bill to go into law, but "will of the people" may not be one of them if we're honest with ourselves. There's an awful lot of very passionate opposition to this.

On the other hand, unless he plans some political gamesmanship, taking a knee to wind down the clock, he knows he's going to get overridden again.

Guest Sgt. Joe
Sure you're not 25 instead of 52? :screwy:

- OS

I hear ya man, I even checked my DL and HCP hoping I was wrong but 52 and darn close to 53 it is;)

I hear you too Hex but there is an awful lot of opposition to the current Federal admin too. Yet we ALL must live with it.

The votes for this have been cast and then re-cast to override, cast yet again for a new bill and I just find it senseless to have to do it again.

But then again most of what goes on these days is senseless to this Ole man. It makes me feel like Fred Sanford calling for Elizabeth:screwy:

And I do know I am Preaching to the Choir.;)

Guest HexHead
OK, I have to ask.

IF (no strike that), When Phil vetos it and it gets over ridden, WHEN does it take effect?

Since there is no date in the bill and SB 3012 says...

SECTION 7. This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public welfare requiring it.

My guess would be as soon as the votes are signed off on by the respective Speakers.

Just like Bonneyman's order went into effect when she banged her gavel, I'd say for all practical purposes, as soon as the 2nd chamber that votes gavel gets banged too.