Pictures of my old Shotgun

Guest The Rascal King

Guest The Rascal King

A conversation with my boss yesterday finally prompted me to put up some pictures of the 10 gauge shotgun I inherited from my grandparents:

DSC03393.sized.jpg

The only obvious markings on the gun are "S.S. NORTHCOTE" on each side and "S.S. NORTHCOTE LONDON LAMINATED STEEL" between the barrels near the hammers - and yes, I know the pictures are terrible.

Baker Family Photo Album :: Shotgun

I thought I'd throw them up over here, as I'm not able to find much information about it. Most things I can find seem to be based on the assumption that there's a connection with the S. S. Northcote steamship that operated in Canada, but I know that my gun came into the family by way of the Dallas Texas area, and I'd love to know how it got there.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. Any other information, or suggestions for where I might take it to have it disassembled and cleaned, is welcome...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I found from another site about this shotguns don't know if it helps

English proof marks, circa 1900, history unknown. The barrel rib is marked with" London laminated steel".This is good quality side by side shotgun. Sdl, Osh, Dt, Lam.bbl, Eng, Pg, Tp.lev.open.

Page 143 Side by Sides of the World Y2K

Also saw some suggestions to contact the Province of Saskatchewan as they have archives related to the Reil rebelion that include pictures the S.S. Nortcote.

The gun pictured is Typical of Birmingham guns made by several companies, circa 1870-1900

• 3 weeks later...