2009: Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax

Guest 6.8 AR
The so called Healthcare bill is 2700 + pages, I have stated before in other threads that a constitution convention would be a disaster for the country and conservatives as a whole. Only when the last Marxist/Progressive/Liberal/NWO types body lies rotting in the sun

being picked clean by Buzzards would it be safe to call a Constitutional Convention.

A new constitution wouldn't have to be any longer than it is, now. as a matter of fact, it could be a little bit shorter. Restate the commerce clause so that it cannot be used to regulate everything(as it seems to, now)

Abolish the Income Tax (16th Amendment) Replace it with an amendment that allows for a fixed percentage consumption(sales) tax and a mechanism

that requires a super majority of representatives and senators to adjust.

Abolish the IRS.

Add an amendment that requires constitutional legality for any bill before it

is presented for review by the House.

Modify the amendment that took away senatorial scrutiny by each state and return that control back to the state. That will require the senators to

do the state's will.

Add a clause modifying the 'necessary and proper' clause to make more specific use and limits.

Abolish all firearms restrictions laws and leave only those that pertain to

felons.

Those are just a few things to consider. I would like to know those risks that some are afraid of about a constitutional convention. I hear people say it opens a can of worms. Maybe it does, but so did the first time around. I just think that as long as the document maintains "justice" and that "Bill of Rights", we are all the better for it.

There is already a lot that will have to be undone. It may be the only way, now. Feel free to tinker with what I wrote or tell me where I am wrong.

Something is going to have to happen and soon. Obama and the progressives are pushing us in the corner. Even if Bush "was", Obama "is" now. Personally I would rather hear something productive now, rather than

bitching about the past.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

Most of those suggestions came from Judge Andrew Napolitano, not me.

A consumption like Neil Boortz's Fair Tax would not require the bedrock IRS and all of it's bureaucracy. I don't have his book in front of me, but you might want to read it. It is a very enlightening approach to taxation. I am confident others on here have read it, by their comments. Also you might want to read "Constitution in Exile" by Napolitano. He, as opposed to Obama, is a constitutional scholar. His views might

enlighten, if not surprise you, also.

How would the flat tax work with the internet?

They're unable to mend it now with just state taxes.

Not sure how they could keep track of it without the IRS :D

Tax is already built in when product is sold. Same amount no matter where it's sold. There are no differing state/local sales taxes. Fair tax on product/service divvied up between fed/state/county/city after the fact.

There would still have to be some semblance of "IRS" to count and divide money, investigate fraud, etc, but a much smaller force necessary.

Most all the tax accountants and tax lawyers, from high rolling corporate ones to H&R Block, would have to find other professions, too. Computer programmers/techs would probably be the majority of the tax work force.

- OS

I live on less than the taxes I pay in... that's what's sad. I work/invest half the year to support the deadbeat liberal entitlement machine, another few months to donate to people so they don't end up on government dole and save for myself so that I don't end up on it either, and then October, November and December to pay the bills.

...and even worse, I am punished for not having kids.

......and even worse, I am punished for not having kids.

Yep, that has always galled me, too.

Since overpopulation vs. resources is the ultimate root of many of the world's problems, and certainly since child related services in the US accounts for a large percentage of the welfare system, you'd think that childless individuals and/or couples would be rewarded rather than penalized.

- OS