are you ready?

Guest 2HOW

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liked that one didja canyon? :D

Look 2how. no country lasts for ever....even ours. Even so, I know the folks that live around me..we make up a community. there won't be anarchy in the streets. I'm also very well armed and have been in more scraps that I care to remember. IF the time comes that I have to go over the mountain to get the coon, then I'll do just that...but I'm not going to sit here biting my fingernails, shaking in my boots worrying about that day.

am I prepared? yes. am I physically prepared? yes.

mentally? ...well I don't know..every time I've had to kill someone, its been different every time...but I'm still here and they're breathing topsoil..so I guess we'll have to see when that time comes. I've never had a problem before when it came down to pulling a trigger on someone..so I don't foresee that sort of problem in the future.

I can build my own house, I can catch my own food...when it comes time to plant..well I'm S.O.L...I've never been a dirt raker...but I figure if I'm really nice, and help THEM when the time comes, they will share. its what neighbors do. If its brain surgery..again, I'm screwed.

if it came to a large scale incursion or open rebellion in the streets..well...again thats something I'll have to evaluate when it gets here. until that time, I'm going to follow the laws that we as a society make and I'm going to be as good as I know how to be to my fellow man.

Guest canynracer
liked that one didja canyon? :D

Look 2how. no country lasts for ever....even ours. Even so, I know the folks that live around me..we make up a community. there won't be anarchy in the streets. I'm also very well armed and have been in more scraps that I care to remember. IF the time comes that I have to go over the mountain to get the coon, then I'll do just that...but I'm not going to sit here biting my fingernails, shaking in my boots worrying about that day.

am I prepared? yes. am I physically prepared? yes.

mentally? ...well I don't know..every time I've had to kill someone, its been different every time...but I'm still here and they're breathing topsoil..so I guess we'll have to see when that time comes. I've never had a problem before when it came down to pulling a trigger on someone..so I don't foresee that sort of problem in the future.

I can build my own house, I can catch my own food...when it comes time to plant..well I'm S.O.L...I've never been a dirt raker...but I figure if I'm really nice, and help THEM when the time comes, they will share. its what neighbors do. If its brain surgery..again, I'm screwed.

if it came to a large scale incursion or open rebellion in the streets..well...again thats something I'll have to evaluate when it gets here. until that time, I'm going to follow the laws that we as a society make and I'm going to be as good as I know how to be to my fellow man.

Toothpaste!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and once again Tower...perfect response

Well towerclimber , you seem to be squared away. I just wanted to test the waters here and see what the sheep thought. I see they are content and I hope they will die well. Obviously they are young and have no idea. laugh and joke, whine and complain. I hope you feel secure with your hi-tech guns. LOL I really hope you get it . I dont mean any insult, forgive me if I offend , just want you to look at the big picture. Get a grip Dude. The WOLF, hes a bad mfer. comes with all the baggage of the GOV.:D

hahahahah 2how, most of the guys here are squared away, believe it or not..we just don't dwell on the bad things..nor do we see much reason to speak on them at length. you'll find many of the folks here are ex military, some are still military..and then there are the ones that can whip their weight in wolverines and have proved it on occasion....either way you go, you'd do better to sandpaper your butt and slide down a road flare than to tangle with them..but those are demeanors that we reserve for people who mean evil for us and our loved ones...and not something to be shown to children or folks you consider friends. as for the "end of civilization" scenario (here after referred to as when the shtf or when the crap hits the fan)..we'll deal with this just like we live...as a community. you can't beat out of the blood whats in the bones, my Grandma used to say.

as for these "sheep"... that made me laugh. prepared? I can't count how many folks I know PERSONALLY that patronize this board, that can draw a pistol faster than you can blink..and I can say without shame that they're faster than I am and a better shot. they LOVE shooting, love their families and love the idea of a community of folks that are good to each other.

to that end they train themselves and compare notes as to how to make a better community, and the best means on how to speed a bad person's trip to room temperature. I like em! sheep? nah..they're not sheep..just a hardy folk that could spit on the devil and dare him to flinch, if they need to..and good enough to help their fellow man with a kindness that most folks from north of the mason dixon and south of the Ga/Fla state line are NOT accustomed to.

how, i've read Rawles, follow the 6 P's, and believe you can never be "ready", it is a constant effort.

The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him;not on the chance of him not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.-Sun Tzu

Know yourself, prepare yourself, but LIVE your life. "Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat."-Theodore Roosevelt

darn straight tower

Well then Im in good company, look forward to shooting with you . Didnt mean any offense, just wanted to know where your head was. Guess you talk for the rest? See ya on the 15th hopefully , respects , JAN

I wish!! IT blows that I won't make the shoot this time..I'm running short on money for the trip down and my wife wants me close around until I leave for work..something about 2 days less of missing me...which makes no sense..she hits whatever she shoots :D

I will be flying out to Nashville on monday, for work...I'll be gone for 6 weeks at a time, then home for a week...but if you're willing, when I get home we can either go in Knoxville, or if you care to come up this way, I have both a membership at cherokee rod and gun club and Mark@sea has a range that I can use whenever (it helps that he's my brother).

I don't think the original post was intended to mean aliens, Red Dawn, zombies rising from the grave.

I agree with the desire not to turn this into a tin foil hat forum. That is why I consider it "being prepared" and not a "survivalist". Someone of a prepared mindset prepares for bad times and bad situations, but does not dwell on it, and hope for it. Survivalist hope for it to happen, and seem to want as many people to suffer as possible, while they laugh and say 'I told you so'. Preppers don't want it to happen, but want to be somewhat prepared if it does.

Those of us on the west side of TN, have to be concerned with an earthquake. The lawlessness of such a situation is relavent to a gun board, and gun owners. Terror attacks are another subject we should be concerned with.

Aside from those, we have a government running record debt with no sense of fiscal responsibility, selling our national soul to the Chinese (I know, China doesn't want to mess with their biggest customer :doh:) exporting more and more jobs, letting any and everybody in, trying to destroy the middle class, devaluing our currency, and government promising even bigger government and more handouts. If you cannot see the danger in that, then ignorance IS truly bliss.

One thing is certain, when the earthquake shuts down the infrastructure, or terrorists take out a few refineries or crude oil ports, you won't be able to eat those guns. That is when a collective like this forum can be a serious benefit.

The world ends tomorrow, 12:57 AM

Seriously, end of world talk has been going on since the beginning of time.

2HOW, you asked if we are prepared, well I turn it back at you. Are you prepared? What have you done to be prepared? What are you preparing for?

My point was that you can talk about it or you can do it. Discussing what to put in a bug out bag is great and all, but do you really have one just sitting around? If you do, that is ridiculous, you have to "rotate your stock."

Am I prepared, I have the skills to build a house with or with out power. I have the skills to plant food and watch it grow. Somewhere around the house I have a boy scout manual.(one of the best things you can have in an "emergency") I know enough about first aid to stop the bleeding and in a pinch I could sew you up, I wouldn't be cutting off your leg to save your life but I would do what I could to help you out. I can shoot a pistol and a rifle and a shotgun. I have at least one of each and enough ammo to keep me safe should the loonies try to take over the asylum. Could I have more? Sure but where would I keep it? My wife can shoot. Can take the wings off a gnat with a lady smith 22 at 100 feet. My wife can sew. I can knit. It ain't pretty, but it's relaxing and produces useful blankets. I have plenty of yarn around the house and in a pinch those extra sweaters that no one likes can be taken apart.

As Tower said. The best step in being prepared is knowing your neighbors and having a good relationship with them. Knowing that you can count on them in a time of need. Notice I said need and not emergency.

So, 2HOW, I am prepared as I can be with out being a freak!