are you ready?

Guest 2HOW

• Administrator

I'm not pissed. I just don't like having someone accuse that I've got my head up my butt just because I don't agree with their theories. And so far you've accused several folks of that (more or less) when they voiced their counter opinion.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not, I just presented other opinions. seems your the one I have offended, and I offer my regrets . I apologize if I have offended anyone on this forum. I joined here to hopefully meet some folks and have some get togethers and shoot and stuff. Why would I try to piss everyone off? OK I'm done. :panic:

I have not, I just presented other opinions. seems your the one I have offended, and I offer my regrets . I apologize if I have offended anyone on this forum. I joined here to hopefully meet some folks and have some get togethers and shoot and stuff. Why would I try to piss everyone off? OK I'm done. :panic:

I'm not pissed off or offended. I just marvel at how little education people have, especially in areas like economics. And then I marvel at the internet. Prior to its invention many people went around with half-baked ideas and crackpot theories with absolutely no outlet for their views. But now they can be read across the planet, demonstrating their total lack of knowledge for anyone with a connection and a computer. It's great!

RABBI, thats exactly my point. Im not a doomsday guy. Hell I grew up during the Cuban missel Crisis. When we used to hide under our desks in school. I been there done that. Served on the Communist Border. Not a tin foil hat guy. Just seems a little reminder is in order. About what is happening. I know you are old enough to know what Im saying. I believe a well rounded patriot is a good patriot. This site is about being a patriot, isnt it? Or is it about just guns and shooting and not careing about your fellow man. Hell let me know ,:confused:Ill leave

I don't think this site is about being a patriot. When I joined I was under the impression that it was a place to meet like minded individuals as far as shooting, enjoying guns and RKBA.

Sometimes threads end up similar to this. By that I mean not shooting related. Patriotism is fine. I would dare so most of us here are people with varying amounts of patriotism. But the site certainly is not restricted to just those types of people.

No reason to go away and no reason to not start non-topic threads here in the off topic area.

Guest Jason F.
I was just getting ready to say that very thing. Unfortunately my carboy is cracked and I haven't replaced it yet so though I'm good, I guess I'm not prepared. :)

This thread has inspired me. I will get another carboy first of the week...

Skip the carboy. I have had more problems than I care to remember with them and two brewing friends hurt with them. I ferment in either plastic buckets ($7 at the local homebrew store) or stainless kegs. I have a decent stock of 5 gallon cornelius kegs and have converted a couple of them to secondary fermenting vessels.

I was doing an inventory of my supplies today and I only have about 200lbs of grain on hand but I am about to place another large grain order and get a couple hundred more pounds in stock. I only have a few pounds of hops on hand and they are getting harder to get these days with the bad crops this year.

No more on topic with the thread....

I really do not worry much about "homeland security" and middle eastern based terrorists attacking here in this country. It may happen again but my family and me personally are just not in a high risk area and do not participate in many high risk events such as international travel. Is it a threat, sure, but not one that is on the absolute fore front of my mind. A greater threat to me is local crime and violence and that is something I have a margin of control over. I can choose to avoid high risk situations and areas and if I find myself in a situation I can protect myself through being aware and exercising my right to carry a weapon for protection.

I do not worry much about the Mortgage situation. My personal finances are in order and my mortgage is stable, fixed rate, and with a solid company that did not get heavily involved in this sub prime market. The ARM sub prime situation has been blown way out of proportion as it is and people have always made stupid choices with money, I do not have to be one of them.

I do worry a fair bit about the current state of the U.S. Dollar on the world market. If anything has the potential to greatly effect our way of life in the immediate future it is the drastic decline of our buying power on the world market and our devalued economy. I really fear our Federal Governments choices and plans economically as well. All I can do is manage my financial affairs to the best of my abilities and vote for people who I feel will be fiscally responsible.

The world is not coming to an end in our lifetime. It may be changing but it has been changing as long as we have been on this earth. You either adapt, accept, or get run over. Sure the world acreage of crops is rapidly declining every year while the global population climbs. Sure those declining acres have had dismal production over the last couple of years due to bad climate issues. Yet my fear is not running out of food due to production but our government spending money pushing farmers to take food off my plate and waste it producing less than viable fuels for my cars gas tank. My solution is to not support government officials who propose poor plans through my vote while I support local growers and businesses as much as I can. I can attempt to reduce my dependence on refined and commercially produced foods. There is little more I can do and no something that is worth losing sleep over.

Now the controversial statements. I fear the alarmist militia types who preach about the end of the United States and the end of the world. I fear the people who fear their neighbors and their government to such a level that they feel the need to hold up in a bunker with a few like mined friends and two years worth of ammunition and food. I think they are a far greater risk to this country than the "average" consciences American that tries to live their life in a responsible manner and involve themselves in their government through educated voting.

Guest canynracer

ok, if "the world is coming to an end" then I dont care what the hell you have...

question is...are you prepared if it does?

we can turn this into a religious discussion...:)

bottom line..if its your time...bye bye

its the holidays people...lighten up...sheesh

Well this guy lost his ass financially not because of any two-digit date code but because he spent a ton of money building a bunker (here in middle TN) and stocking it with food, water, the means to produce electricity, armament, etc.

But now he had a totally sweet bunker! That's gotta count for something!

I have a flashlight by my bed in case the power goes out, some extra food in the pantry, and an extra toothbrush in my glovebox. The way I see it, that'll get me through about 99.99% of the unexpected problems that are likely to occur to me. As far as the other .001%, well, that's always a great justification to buy toys :)

RABBI, thats exactly my point. Im not a doomsday guy. Hell I grew up during the Cuban missel Crisis. When we used to hide under our desks in school. I been there done that. Served on the Communist Border. Not a tin foil hat guy. Just seems a little reminder is in order. About what is happening. I know you are old enough to know what Im saying. I believe a well rounded patriot is a good patriot. This site is about being a patriot, isnt it? Or is it about just guns and shooting and not careing about your fellow man. Hell let me know ,:confused:Ill leave

You would be taken a lot more seriously (by me anyway) if you stopped speaking in riddles. "About what is happening." What the heck does that mean? What is happening in TN? What is happening in the Middle East? What is happening down at Joe's Bar & Grill?

You tell me "what is happening" and what we should be prepared for.

This site is not about being a patriot. I don't know what that means. Nancy Pelosi is a patriot. Hillary Clinton is a patriot. Just ask them, they'll tell you so.

People coming on here and posting vague and allusive threads about amorphous threats will get their views ridiculed as they so richly deserve.

Guest canynracer
You would be taken a lot more seriously (by me anyway) if you stopped speaking in riddles. "About what is happening." What the heck does that mean? What is happening in TN? What is happening in the Middle East? What is happening down at Joe's Bar & Grill?

This site is not about being a patriot. I don't know what that means. Nancy Pelosi is a patriot. Hillary Clinton is a patriot. Just ask them, they'll tell you so.

People coming on here and posting vague and allusive threads about amorphous threats will get their views ridiculed as they so richly deserve.

well said.

I'm still trying to figure out which country they're a patriot of... :eek:

somehow the USSR always springs to mind, complete with a picture of some dork toting a Lenin flag.

I give the world 8 years..

heh...

One can only be prepared to a certain extent before accepting that physical death is inevitable. The important part is how you face it, not necessarily when. So, in terms of being prepared for some apocalyptic turn of events... yes, I am prepared. But I don't presume to delay it by any of my relatively feeble efforts.

Survival is one thing, and I feel well equipped to do so in any plausible circumstance which may arise... But TEOTWAWKI is a no-win if one's preparations are purely temporal.

That said... This site should remain focused on firearms, as others have said. Guns have their place, for sure, in one's overall preparations for any dire circumstances which require self-reliance in order to survive, and I'm pretty sure that just my 12ga would be more than adequete for anything over and above daily carry. The rest are simply for good measure (just like I have dozens of wrenches... but I usually only need 2 or 3 to get a job done.)