Buy a handgun in Illinois and take it home to Chicago???

Here is a news video from a Chicago TV report showing Chicago residents going outside the city, buying handguns, and taking them "illegaly" back home.

It must be like living in 1950"s USSR to live in Chicagoland. And if the law don't catch you, your "eyewitness newsteam" will broadcast your face on TV so the cops and bad guys both know who you are.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=5831822

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cook County Commissioner Larry Sufferdin is pushing an ordinance that would restrict the location of suburban Cook County gun stores from being within a mile of schools and parks.
wtf will this do?keep underaged school kids from buy a gun?they dont buy them from gun stores...duh!we need a sterilization program for ignorant people :panic:

:)

Notice they said "those GUNS killed all those people"

weren't any people using those guns..nope..no sirree.. those guns just got up on their own and walked out and shot those poor folks.

its all the guns' fault.

*sigh* these people are stupid and deserve to be preyed upon by the vicious thugs that they've bred.

weren't any people using those guns..nope..no sirree.. those guns just got up on their own and walked out and shot those poor folks.

If the address that, they will have to say who is using those guns and who they are shooting with them. Can’t have that….

How are all these people in Chicago killing one another when there is no legal way to carry a handgun in the whole state of Illinois? I guess that law didn't work either. Maybe the police and politicians up there should understand how their support of failed laws is dumb. Thank goodness those Chicago residents are only violating a city ordinance when buying a handgun and not a real law that they can go to prison over.

I do not believe it is illegal for a resident of Chicago to buy a handgun. Only illegal for them to store it in their residence inside city limits. I would never assume like this newscast did that all handguns purchased by residents of Chicago are stored in their residence. I am not naive, no doubt some of these handguns are stored inside city limits.

Guest Boomhower

It truly is a shame that this news station chooses to exploit people of this nature that only want to protect their family and their property.....Following people to and from places. Isn't that also considered stalking? I guess they considered themselves under special police investigative status, since they were exposing these viscous offenders of the law.

its all the guns' fault.

*sigh* these people are stupid and deserve to be preyed upon by the vicious thugs that they've bred.

Duh, they were obviously Glocks. Everyone knows those things spontaneously discharge.:)

Guest canynracer
Duh, they were obviously Glocks. Everyone knows those things spontaneously discharge.;)

you had to start......didnt you...you just couldnt resist.....oh well, it ought to be a good show!!! :)

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 44329" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Boomhower</TD><TD class=alt2>It truly is a shame that this news station chooses to exploit people of this nature that only want to protect their family and their property.....Following people to and from places. Isn't that also considered stalking? I guess they considered themselves under special police investigative status, since they were exposing these viscous offenders of the law.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think the mindset of the newspeople who did this story is the thing that really grabbed my attention when I first saw this. It seems to never occur to people who are of this persuasion that putting people away who commit violent crimes for extended prison terms is the only way that the violent gun crimes is going to be reduced or stopped.

The problem is that the people that do buy them and bring them into chicago don't secure them properly. Like that one lady said she had her house broken into and someone stole her gun.

I would like to know how many of those 2350 guns that were bought from the one store and used for murders were used by the same person that bought them originally.

If the honest people that are buying these guns secured them like they should be, then a lot of the guns would not get into the bad guys hands.

If the honest people that are buying these guns secured them like they should be, then a lot of the guns would not get into the bad guys hands.

Very good point. And when you live in a den of thieves like she no doubt does it becomes even more difficult and important to do just that.

The problem is that the people that do buy them and bring them into chicago don't secure them properly. Like that one lady said she had her house broken into and someone stole her gun.

It was in her home; someone had to break in to get it. I don’t know how you could expect it to be anymore secure; poor people don’t have gun safes.

<O:p</O:p

Chicago thugs are going to get guns. The can make all the ridiculous laws they want, but they will still get guns.

<O:p</O:p

No gun stores by schools? That’s laughable. :)

I seriously doubt anyone can do anything that will make anti-gun lawmakers change their views. These are educated intelligent people. They darn well know that their restricting gun laws make no difference. The laws are about the appearance of a difference to the sheeple who keep electing them. People who refuse to believe truth and facts about gun laws want to feel safe. It is all about illusion, not about actual safety.

Go ahead and remove every single gun from Chicago, shut down every gun shop in a 500 mile radius of Chicago. I can't prove it but I will guess within a day there will be illegal guns returning to the area in the hands of thugs and criminal types.

There is no way to actually accomplish the goals of the anti's. Making guns and possession of guns illegal only makes law abiding citizens potential criminals.