Brother's car broken into.

Guest bkelm18

Guest Verbal Kint
Hey Mars....just curious, and forgive me if I cross a line by getting personal, but what DO you do???

I thought you were Military, then I thought drill instructor..Im just lost...

Think along the lines of him having to kill you, once he told you. :P

Last I heard, the government pays him to train others in the art of silencing people... permanently... as well as paying him, himself, to do the job when needed.

Think Jason Bourne, but with half a face. :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
Think along the lines of him having to kill you, once he told you. ;)

Last I heard, the government pays him to train others in the art of silencing people... permanently... as well as paying him, himself, to do the job when needed.

Think Jason Bourne, but with half a face. :eek:

ummm...question respectfully withdawn...:D

Guest Verbal Kint
ummm...question respectfully withdawn...;)

Exactly. I managed to escape before he found out that I knew what his occupation is. Why do you think I'm really in Virginia? :eek:

You on the other hand... it's too late... you've already drawn attention to yourself. He's probably already sitting outside your house, waiting in the cover of darnkess, to take you out with a .22 rifle and 2-liter bottle ala Bob Lee Swagger. :D

Guest canynracer
Exactly. I managed to escape before he found out that I knew what his occupation is. Why do you think I'm really in Virginia? ;)

You on the other hand... it's too late... you've already drawn attention to yourself. He's probably already sitting outside your house, waiting in the cover of darnkess, to take you out with a .22 rifle and 2-liter bottle ala Bob Lee Swagger. :ugh:

thats ok...I heard he carries a GLOCK:eek::taunt:

so he will probably shoot himself in the butt, I will consider it my "warning shot":bowrofl::D

I am kidding of course Mars, please dont kill me :eek:

Early on here, some Yeager defender proudly posted the results of his background investigation of me and announced that I was a librarian. This was after I mentioned I was on the Sullivan County library board.

While I do visit the library, my only pay from my library affiliation was about $2 a month for mileage to and from board meetings.

Oddly enough, I just visited the library yesterday. Checked out The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy. I've never seen any of those Bourne movies. I have a feeling I'll be picking it apart and laughing my ass off, like I did with Sniper. Saw that one in the theater with a couple of military buddies. We picked it apart from wrong insignia to idiotic gun stuff.

If you haven't been to the library lately, take some time to do so. Admittedly we have one of the best library systems in the state (much to the chagrin of larger areas) but all the regional systems have a lot to offer. It ain't just books anymore. Videos and audio CDs, and a lot of stuff is available online for free if you have a library card. Stuff like Chilton manuals, Heritage Quest genealogical info, eBook & Audiobook downloads, live homework help for the kids, and MyLibraryDV that provides DVD-quality videos of movies and TV stuff.

Get involved! If you are a leader on the library board you get to do cool stuff like prevent no-gun signs from going up on the door!

There have been a few comments about signing agreements with employers.

I do not believe signing a form that says you will not work as a competitor or for a competitor for XX amount of days is enforcable. as for signing a handbook, it really does not mean anything. In TN they can fire you anyway for any and or no reason.

And if the company I am working for is waiting to get rich of my intellectual property they will be bankrupt.

Mar's, I believe the librarian thing :)

Guest canynracer
Early on here, some Yeager defender proudly posted the results of his background investigation of me and announced that I was a librarian. This was after I mentioned I was on the Sullivan County library board.

While I do visit the library, my only pay from my library affiliation was about $2 a month for mileage to and from board meetings.

Oddly enough, I just visited the library yesterday. Checked out The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy. I've never seen any of those Bourne movies. I have a feeling I'll be picking it apart and laughing my ass off, like I did with Sniper. Saw that one in the theater with a couple of military buddies. We picked it apart from wrong insignia to idiotic gun stuff.

If you haven't been to the library lately, take some time to do so. Admittedly we have one of the best library systems in the state (much to the chagrin of larger areas) but all the regional systems have a lot to offer. It ain't just books anymore. Videos and audio CDs, and a lot of stuff is available online for free if you have a library card. Stuff like Chilton manuals, Heritage Quest genealogical info, eBook & Audiobook downloads, live homework help for the kids, and MyLibraryDV that provides DVD-quality videos of movies and TV stuff.

Get involved! If you are a leader on the library board you get to do cool stuff like prevent no-gun signs from going up on the door!

bookman.jpg

Mars???

(for those that dont get it, this is from Seinfeld, he is the Library cop that comes after you for overdue book fees)

I like that.

I'm not even on the library board these days. But I do drop in and talk to the Director when I get by there. I may have to re-up. Sounds like they may have some new "winners".

Another probably-less-than-interesting fact about our Sullivan County system. :panic: --- we don't have "fines". You see...fines, by legal definition, have to go into the county treasury. We have "donations" that are the same amount as the fines but that go to the local Friends of the Library group. It's up to the board. (Remember I suggested you might want to get involved?)

Kingsport has occasionally taken people to court over fines, but their library is technically controlled by their Board of Mayor and Alderman. But Sullivan County doesn't do that. That kind of anal-retentiveness is reserved for the cities. But we might revoke your library privileges.

Be fearful ye citizens!!!!! :wall: