The anti-gun zealots in Washington D.C. are at it again.

Guest TnRebel

Guest TnRebel

Got this in qn email tonight, and thought it was worth passing on .

They're at it again

Dear friend,

The anti-gun zealots in Washington D.C. are at it again.

Bowing to pressure from the anti-gun Brady Campaign, Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) has introduced legislation to close the so-called "gun show loophole"....

...again.

Lautenberg's legislation, S.843, has been referred to committee and has already gained the support of many prominent anti-gun senators including Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), John Kerry (D-MA), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and NRA "A"-rated Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY).

They're doing it all in the name of public safety and keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, but you and I know that's just a red herring.

Criminals and terrorist don't buy guns legally, and they aren't going to be stopped by closing the so-called "gun show loophole."

The anti-gunners want to close the so-called "gun show loophole" because they want to force every gun owner in America to jump through Big Brother Government's Brady Bill Registration check.

If they're successful in closing the so-called "gun-show loophole" you can bet banning all private sales of firearms will be next on their agenda.

You don't have to believe in conspiracies to be afraid of the government having an electronic record of gun purchased, including the serial number, name and address of the purchaser.

That sounds a lot like backdoor registration to me. You and I both know that registration is the first step toward the gun-grabbers' ultimate goal: total citizen disarmament.

Here's what you can do to help fight this outrageous piece of legislation.

Contact your U.S. Senators by phone or e-mail and demand that they stand up to Sarah Brady's henchmen in Congress. Tell them to oppose S.843.

Keep track of legislation like S.843 by visiting the Billwatch section of the National Association for Gun Rights website regularly.

Thank you in advance for contacting your U.S. Senators and helping the National Association for Gun Rights fight Senator Lautenberg's attempt to close the so-called gun show loophole.

Keep fighting,

Dudley Brown

Executive Director

National Association for Gun Rights

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/billwatch.shtml

Edited by TnRebel
Added link to " Bill Watch "
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Benelli Nova Guy

It's truly sick to think of, but they're doing exactly what their constituents put them there to do. I've never believed that elections have consequences more than I have by watching this Dem controlled congress operate.

It's truly sick to think of, but they're doing exactly what their constituents put them there to do. I've never believed that elections have consequences more than I have by watching this Dem controlled congress operate.

has nothing to do with a dem controlled congress. Look at the home states of the sponsors. They already banned all the guns in their states. Same old :D, different day.

Guest Benelli Nova Guy
has nothing to do with a dem controlled congress. Look at the home states of the sponsors. They already banned all the guns in their states. Same old :D, different day.

I didn't mean this bill in specific, but the way they've handled themselves since coming into power of 2/3 of the gov't.

The problem is that the representatives in Washington don't listen to who they are representing. It doesn't matter what we, or the nation as a whole, thinks because they are still going to do what they want without listening to the voices that elected them.

In the hours prior to the last TARP bill Nancy Pelosi's said her office had received over 95,000 calls letting her know they did not want that passed. She went on to say she was going to do what is right and that people did not know what was the right thing to do. I watched her say this on CSPAN and it only makes me think that most other representatives feel the same way, common people don't know what we need to take care of ourselves.

One of two things is going to happen. Either the current members are going to lay low and hope to get re-elected then at the end of the next term go crazy and pass everything knowing they are going to loose the majority.

Or what I think is going to happen,

They are realizing that the current group of representatives is going to be voted out. So now they are going to try to pass everything they can right before they get voted out. I suspect there is a lot more on the agenda than what is coming to light.

I used to monitor govtrack for upcoming trends but I quit about a year ago. I guess I need to start watching it again.

Dolomite