How to spend my Christmas bonus?

dariks

I got a Christmas bonus this year and now I need to decide how to spend it.

I've pretty much narrowed my decision down to either a compact .45 or a generator.

The .45 would be for carry and would replace the M&P9 that I currently use. The M&P is a good gun but I am looking for something that is both smaller and that has a manual safety.

The generator would mainly be for power outages and power too use in my shed. I was initially leaning towards the 8,000 watt generator that is available at Home Depot, but since it isn't large enough to power my central air I'm thinking about going with a 5,000 watt generator instead.

Keep in mind that my birthday is next month and I will likely get either a years membership for the range at Guns and Leather or I will get the .45.

What would your preference be and why?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a generator real bad. So that is what I would go with. Mainly it would be used for camping and other outdoor activities where electricity would come in handy. And in a time of need during a power outage it could run some basic things here around the house like the fridge and some lights.

If you decide on the generator look at Honda's. They are regarded as the best and I know for a fact they are pretty darn quiet.

This is my first Christmas at the company i work for now, I am not expecting any bonus. :)

Guest Boomhower

They didn't need electricity back in the day, and I don't have to have it now, although it is nice to have......another gun however, can be used in light or dark conditions. It makes it's own electricity.:)

Guest Phantom6

I say you ought to spend the S*** out of it. :woohoo: Buy a small generator to run necessities like refrigerator and radio and throw a little money in with the rest and get the most gun you can get.

That's how most of my bonuses have usually been. ^^^

I think I'm going to go with the Coleman Powermate 5000 Watt, 10 HP Subaru generator from Home Depot. It's listed as $399, which doesn't sound too bad.

Then with what I have left over I'm going to start shopping for another carry pistol. By the time my birthday rolls around I'm sure I'll have picked out some accessories that I want. :shrug:

Mainly it would be used for camping and other outdoor activities where electricity would come in handy.

If you fire up a generator anywhere near where I am camping, you should have spent the money on a burial policy. :eek:

Anything louder than a Coleman lantern will set me off in a campground. No radios, no generators, I'm there to be out with nature.

I wonder if those folks at the Cape Hatteras campground were ever able to get their generator working again? :shrug:

Mars using a generator depends on the style of camping you are partaking in. You ought to be giving me the benefit of the doubt instead of being angry and threatening.

If I am on private property and we are camping with comforts of home, maybe a TV and A/C in a camper I am using the generator (provided I ever get one.) The same would apply to a campground that is primarily made up of RV's.

If I am in SMNP and we are tent camping there is no generator. Sorry but there will be a radio more than likely with moderate volume during reasonable hours. Probably a gas grill as well. Nothing beats the G2G for grilling fun on a campground campout.

Now in the woods, primitive camping I am all for nature providing the entertainment. Cook over wood embers, no radio, shovel for digging a hole. You know the routine.

Mostly I want a generator for camping up on the farm. Ther the noise from that would not be noticable over quads, gunfire and who knows what else at all hours of the day.

If I see you in a campground I will kill the radio and invite you over to shoot the bull over a cool adult beverage :)

I am little past backpacking myself, but I would be up for it if the company was going to be good.

I wish I had a small camper. The wife likes camping but she is over the tent camping stuff. For me at the farm if she is not along I usually sleep on the front seat of the truck. That place is not much for sleeping anyway, normally it is more like passing out in the wee hours of the morning.

And while I am older and more mature I still try to stay up late to see what dumb ass stuff the kids get into after they have had some beers. Never fails to be enterntaining.

I have a saying for up there, " the later is gets the stupider it gets" Lots of laughs and mostly no one gets injured.