c&r paper work question

Guest sammopar

Guest sammopar

got my c&r license couple of months ago transferred 2 items so far, just wandering if i get checked and don't have them two items listed how do they even know they were sent to me? i am assuming there is a data base that they look my name up before a visit to see what items were sent to me? I'm Guessing thats the same way with a FFL?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is they will make an appointment to check your records. If you haven't been logging (like you should) then you have a little breathing room to make things right.

Get one of these:

BROWNELLS : FIREARMS RECORD BOOKS - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

or

"Firearms Acquisition and Disposition Record Book" Book - MidwayUSA

There are also websites that have similar pages you can print out and put in a binder (so it's bound). Use at your own risk.

I have the Midway book. It's very nice and with your dealer discount its only $14.99

i am assuming there is a data base that they look my name up before a visit to see what items were sent to me?

No database. More just checking to see that your collection and your bound book match up. If you have a C&R gun that's not in your book, you might have issues. If you have something listed in your book, but the gun is not in your possession, you might have issues.

My understanding is they will make an appointment to check your records. If you haven't been logging (like you should) then you have a little breathing room to make things right.

Get one of these:

BROWNELLS : FIREARMS RECORD BOOKS - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

or

"Firearms Acquisition and Disposition Record Book" Book - MidwayUSA

There are also websites that have similar pages you can print out and put in a binder (so it's bound). Use at your own risk.

I have the Midway book. It's very nice and with your dealer discount its only $14.99

I've got the Brownells book. Three bucks and it does all I need it to.

If you have a C&R gun that's not in your book, you might have issues. If you have something listed in your book, but the gun is not in your possession, you might have issues.

You do not have to put C&R firearms in your book if you already own them. Unless you sell them.

You also ONLY put C&R firearms in the book. If you acquire or sell modern firearmss which are NOT C&R, you do not log those.

You do not have to put C&R firearms in your book if you already own them. Unless you sell them.

You also ONLY put C&R firearms in the book. If you acquire or sell modern firearmss which are NOT C&R, you do not log those.

What he said^

Guest sammopar

Met a guy awhile back that got checked everything was ok with his books but told him he needed to keep up with his modern firearms transactions. May have just been a suggestion ?