So whos got damage?

Guest coldblackwind

Guest coldblackwind

So who's got damage from the storm? I don't have a whole lot, driveway's washed out a bit, but I had to go pick my buddy up last night, he hit some standing water, lost it, jumped a ditch, and put his honda on the roof in a field, its totaled. Luckily he was ok, cut on his cheek, and some bruises, but that's it, even found the AR lower he bought at the nashville show. Went over to another friend's today and helped them bury 4 of their 5 miniature horses, and 3 of their 4 goats. They saved one mini, and the big horses last night, but the other 4 mini's all drown in the flood waters before they could get to them. We couldn't find one of the goats, but we're pretty sure it just made it to the creek, not high ground. Anyone else?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance of damage here much with where my house sits, but my sister has finally had to get as much of their stuff up in the attic as they could, and her husband and my two nephews are now on their way to my house. I saw the creek earlier that runs in front of their house, so I hate to see how things are going to be when they get back.

There wasn't much flooding in this area yesterday, all of what we're getting now is from today.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Fellow TGO'ers. I live in Murfreesboro and have a pretty good construction/cleanup background (Dad is a contractor, worked for him all my life). If anyone needs any help and they are relatively close to the Boro, I will be more than willing to help, for nothing in return, honestly. Nothing bad happened here, and I have a good back and strong arms, so if anyone needs anything lemme know and I'll help if and as much as I can.

Tempest, where in H'ville are you? I have to come up there in the morning...

Well, I just went down there again... and the level of water has actually gone down a little. See what it looks like come morning...

Edited by Steelharp
Guest Drewsett

Just found out that I was lied to by my homeowner's association when I bought my condo...They DON'T carry flood insurance after all! So glad I decided to save a few bucks and not buy that individual flood insurance policy now that I have water seeping up through the joists of my floor and out through the joints of my hardwood in my kitchen.

Fun fun fun. Could be worse, my house could've been washed away like some people I know who live out off of Blue Hole Rd.

Tempest, where in H'ville are you? I have to come up there in the morning...

Well, I just went down there again... and the level of water has actually gone down a little. See what it looks like come morning...

Off Long Hollow Pike not far from New Shackle.

Tempest, thanks. Once the incoming water stopped, I managed to get the basement empty. I still have to watch the seepage for now, but about 10-15 minutes every couple hours seems to be emptying it. I appreciate the help offer, though, very much!

Guest nashvegas

Whites Creek turned into a river... turned my lower pasture into a river. Fence is down, field strewn with debris... trees, stumps, a water heater, etc. Fortunately the house is on higher ground... some water in the basement, but nothing major.

Guest db99wj
Whites Creek turned into a river... turned my lower pasture into a river. Fence is down, field strewn with debris... trees, stumps, a water heater, etc. Fortunately the house is on higher ground... some water in the basement, but nothing major.

My brother lives off of Whites Creek Pike and Old Hickory.

Here's a pic from a facebook page, I survivied the great Nashville Flood of May 1st. There are over 1,000 pictures.

This is a screen capture from one of the news casts:

28958_572645252502_34102868_33153656_3014675_n.jpg

Here's one for Strick

29757_1448071727279_1397770838_31230802_5051395_n.jpg

These are fun

31592_388498494817_682214817_4125924_221757_n.jpg

Edited by db99wj
Wonder if they will have any damage to the firearms and ammo. How much would the water damage any of it? Would it be worth buying if they sold it?

I'm sure alot of it would be ok, but personally I wouldn't take chances on any ammo. I would definately buy the flood damaged firearms though but would make sure to go completely through everything on the gun as soon as I got it home. They've really got a ton of stuff in there that I would be interested in if they had a flood damage sale, because things like camo and other hunting items, fishing equipment and all that good stuff, are items that could easily be cleaned up.

I doubt they will have any such sale though. There are too many liabilities with some of the items such as the firearms, and several different ways people try to screw stores over in these kinda situations.

I think it should be noted that as far as I know there has been very little looting in this disaster. Right now there are alot of big money items out there in the water, and alot of folks running around with boats that could load up, but from what I've seen I've only heard of one or two cases of looting. This, along with the combined efforts of tons of folks that own boats, and also the ones that don't, volunteering their services, really says alot about the type of people we are here in Tennessee.

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, the one at Bordeaux and Clarksville look alike, but the background looked like Clarksville and I remember the pier being built upstream from the bridge when a barge almost took it out a long time ago. That pier is probably under water or at least was.

I finally got back home just haven't been down there, yet. I imagine Riverside Drive

is blocked off, still.

I heard the railroad did a helicopter survey of the track between Nashville and Bruceton and am waiting to see some pics. I'll be working elsewhere for about a month because of the damage. I heard we lost at least two bridges over the Harpeth

and a lot of washouts.