Ever feel as if you are being tested?

This has to be one of the worst weeks in my life. Last Thursday my parents informed my sister and I that after 27 years of marriage they are getting a divorce. Today I was in the back room of my work and I see my girlfriend come in so I come out and as soon as she sees me she starts crying her eyes out like the Hoover dam burst crying. So now I am thinking, "what the crap just happened?'' She tells me that last night one of her best friends killed herself leaving behind her 8 month old twins. So yeah it has been a rough week and it feels like I am being tested.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the bad news is about the twins parent offing themselves. That is very sad.

Your parents getting divorced is probably a good thing for them. Life is all too short as evidenced by the suicide.

It's not a test it is just life and all that comes with it.

Like Eddie said, Keep on truckin.

Guest mustangdave

echo 6.8's perspective...be glad its not you...and heed these 2 words...ROAD TRIP...get outa town...clear yer head.

I am praying for God to strengthen you through this time my friend.

Honestly I go through this type of week on a regular basis. Sometimes it seems like everyone around me is falling apart, and everyone looks to me for answers for some unknown reason.:screwy:I don't want to get into any religious discussions on who believes in what, but I know that in times like these I sometimes get to a point where I feel like I can't breathe from everything going on around me. When I finally get to the point where I just make my mind up to put everything in God's hands, I can usually breathe again instantly and it doesn't take long before everyone is doing good around me again.

Guest jdavis

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed

he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene he noticed two sets of

footprints in the sand: one belonging

to him, and the other to the LORD.

footprints2.gif

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,

he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of

his life there was only one set of footprints.

footprints.gif

He also noticed that it happened at the very

lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he

questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow

you, you'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most

troublesome times in my life,

there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why when

I needed you most you would leave me."

footprints.gif

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,

I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering,

when you see only one set of footprints,

it was then that I carried you."

Edited by jdavis

Sometimes it seems like everyone around me is falling apart, and everyone looks to me for answers for some unknown reason.

I feel your pain

And God wont put more on your plate than you can handle.

i don't want to single you out Jason so don't take it that way. but this comment annoys the crap out of me. I have read it many times before, so it is just not you.

If God gave a darn he would not let it happen to begin with. Obviously he put more on the plate than the poor girl could handle.

Hang in there man. I don't know if it was the bad weather over the weekend or what, but I heard more suicide calls go out than normal between Saturday and Monday.

Things will get better. They always do.

Guest jdavis
I feel your pain

i don't want to single you out Jason so don't take it that way. but this comment annoys the crap out of me. I have read it many times before, so it is just not you.

If God gave a darn he would not let it happen to begin with. Obviously he put more on the plate than the poor girl could handle.

not trying to start an argument just giving my oppinion so here it is. God will not put more on your plate than you can handle, we as humans will decide whether we handle it or not, when things feel like they are at their gloomiest we need to find something to believe in or appreciate. if its god then so be it. Again not trying to make problems just my oppinion

Mike, the girl was manic depressive and bi polar. she was fighting with her insurance company cause they wouldnt pay for her medicine. she was also in a nasty divorce with a husband who she walked in on cheating on her and basically was a deadbeat dad to their two newborn twins.

Guest Jamie
This has to be one of the worst weeks in my life. Last Thursday my parents informed my sister and I that after 27 years of marriage they are getting a divorce. Today I was in the back room of my work and I see my girlfriend come in so I come out and as soon as she sees me she starts crying her eyes out like the Hoover dam burst crying. So now I am thinking, "what the crap just happened?'' She tells me that last night one of her best friends killed herself leaving behind her 8 month old twins. So yeah it has been a rough week and it feels like I am being tested.

Well, that all sucks, but at least you don't live in Nashville, Bellvue, Clarksville, Ashland City, Kingston Springs, or any number of other places where a lot of people have currently lost everything they have...

Remember, it really can always get worse.

J.