S&W MP15-22 Magpul

Guest 308Phantom

Guest 308Phantom

I just wanted to give a quick review of my new mp15-22, I bought the magpul edition with moe grip, stock and BUIS. After reading alot of horror stories I picked one up Saturday . I went to stones river today and ran approx 650 rnd thru it, everything form winchester bulk,fedreal bulf both lead and copper, and remington thunderbolts thru it. With the exception of 4-5 FTF(good primer strikes) it ran flawless. I have to say I am really glad I bought it. Sure is nice to shoot 600+ and only spend $20. Now to get that flash hider off to make way for my TAC65 and see if it will run subsonics.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made my own Magpul version. MOE grip and ACS stock. Probably too much money to spend on a .22 but I like it and I earned the money so whatever. I still intend to get the MBUS sights on it.

IMG_0671.jpg

Guest motonut

Took my M&P 15-22 to Stones River for the second time today (only had it for 10 days or so). Ran about 300 rounds through it. The gun is a real blast and don't have to worry about the $$$ spent when shooting it that much. The first trip to the range it was right out of the box and was testing the stock sights, 1" low and 3/4" to the right at 50 yds in quarter size groups, not too bad. Took very little to sight it in. Unfortunately with my eyesight I need a scope for much further, so today was shooting with a BSA TW4x30, relatively cheap scope but worked very well, nice arrangement for the .22.

I really enjoy the gun but I want to see about lightening up the trigger, I'll run a few 100 rounds more through it first though.

Between it and the new Buck Mark I need to stock up on the .22 ammo!!

My M&P 15-22 has been awesome. I think I've had 3-4 Failures to feed due to stovepipes in 1k rounds. I'm not going to argue with that at all. I had a Ruger 10-22 and the Butler Creek mags would FTF 2-3 times per mag, it was very frustrating!

I think the S&W is the best 22 AR on the market. The hold open bolt feature is great and it is the closest to a real AR in a .22. It's very light too being that it's polymer. I kinda wish it wasn't because it feels like a toy, however it's a lot of fun. 550 round packs of Federal from Wally World are $19.00....that's a cheap afternoon of fun :D

I bought my M&P15-22 about 3 months ago and love it. I've had and shot thousands of rounds through multiple 10-22's and this adds a new level of fun with the .22. My rifle has been very reliable and I've had no FTF's or FTE's at all with the good ammunition. (CCI or Winchester super x) Just can't beat them.