Time to buy a safe...any suggestions?

I'm looking to keep it around $700. I would like to spend more but that's what the current budget allows for. I will check with safe house but i dont think they have anything in my price range. I would prefer to stay away from something from a big box retailer.....although this might be the only way to stay in my price range. I would love to find a quality used safe but i am getting somewhat impatient. Thanks in advance

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are near a Dick's Sporting Goods, check out the Stackon Elite. This past week on sale for 799. A large safe. Not the best on the market, but a good intermediate level. I forget if it's a 36 or a 45 gun size.

Guest bluecanary25

I have never bought from these folks, but they are a TGO vendor:

The Safe House.

They may not fit your needs, but give them a try.

I bought my safe before I was aware of this company.

Wish you well in finding something to store your pron in. :)

Guest HvyMtl

UL Listed safe with a high fire rating...

Remember placement is key. Put it where it cannot be knocked over and pry bar opened.

Amazing how many safes I see in the garage... with no air conditioning and no humidifier protection. Not bolted down, and not attached to the wall...

Sigh.

All of the safes that you see in the big box stores around town are ALL made overseas. Most are of a poor quality and can be easily pried open. All bolting down a poor quality safe does is to give the bad guy more leverage to pry the safe open. If you only have a budget of $800 I can understand, I would suggest that you save up a little more and get a safe that you will be confident that your valuables will be protected.

I have started a series of video's showing The Safe House safe torture test. I plan on testing various safes and posting the results online.

The following is my first test on a Champion Safe. We actually dropped it 6 times but to edit the time we only show two drops............

Mark

The Safe House

Edited by av88tor