What makes fishing for hours in 100 degree heat index worth it

31758_590165062888_56710061_33831621_123575_n.jpg

my girlfriend and i went fishing at soddy lake yesterday and as we were getting ready to leave she caught this bass. she was so excited as shes never caught a bass or anything that big before. def made the heat and everything worthwhile.

on a sidenote i caught a fish that looked to be a hybrid largemouth and bluegill. it had the long short height, mouth, and eyes of a largemouth but it had all the coloring and the bluegill marking on the gills of a bluegill. has anyone heard of or seen something something like that before? it was my first to see it in 23 years of fishing. i wish i had my camera with me but i didnt.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my gf went to take my boxer home cause we had him there with us and he was suffering in the heat when i caught him. unfortunately she took her phone with her which i used to snap this pic

ps boxers dont handle heat well

on a sidenote i caught a fish that looked to be a hybrid largemouth and bluegill. it had the long short height, mouth, and eyes of a largemouth but it had all the coloring and the bluegill marking on the gills of a bluegill. has anyone heard of or seen something something like that before? it was my first to see it in 23 years of fishing. i wish i had my camera with me but i didnt.

Probably Warmouth. Sometimes called Warmouth "Bass". Have caught many of them in Watts Bar so assume they're plentiful in Chickamauga (where you were fishing?)

This illustration is a little more colorful than they usually are.

Similar to a Rock Bass also, but those don't have the bluegill looking "ear" and are drabber in color overall:

Warmouth.jpg

edit: here's a little more what they generally look like.

The smaller they are the bigger the mouth will look proportionally.

8144warmouth.jpg

More Pix:

http://www.google.com/images?q=warmouth+bass&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=GWwWTLPQJsKAlAfnvuXnDA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0QsAQwAA

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

my gf didnt do either until very recently. i just took her and she was hooked on fishing and then the next day i had to go buy her her own rod/reel combo. as far as shooting we went and she had nothing to do so she picked up my ruger 22 and absolutely loves it