What barrell length?

Guest abailey362

Thanks for the pic db99wj! I'll look into that holster. I love the Warthog but have really only carried it on the weekends when I'm not in work clothes. I can see where some may have had reliability issues with a 3" since the .45 was designed for a larger barrel but mine has been smooth ever since I traded for it. I have also done a lot of work to any of the mating surfaces and have it smooth as glass. That may be another reason it digests rounds like I do Resees Peanut Butter Cups!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some consensus for "not" having anything shorter than a 4.25 barrel in a 1911 style pistol. It was designed with a 5" , and performs at its best in that configuration. Now that does not go for poly pistols, only Browning designed pistols. Internals are different and things like ramp angle, velocity :rofl::blah:. Anyway Thats what alot of very intelligent people say

What difference does that make? Barrel Length is what it is...no matter the material of the frame.

For carry I would say to go with a Commander size. The past issues of the officer size (3") have mostly been resolved with the current production firearms. That said, a 4'' is more accurate and personally feels better to me.

Just my .02

I have owned over a dozen 1911s and clones over the years. Full sized and Commanders were all super guns. An Officers' Model and Detonic shorty were nightmares (FTF and FTE). I also owned some shorty 9mms-same problem. Based solely on my own experience, stick with Commander or Service size in 1911 system for SD weapon. Commander or clone is not that hard to conceal BTW and is one sweet piece!

I left 1911s because I got older and more forgetful (revolver for KISS!) and I started pocket carry. 1911 is still one hell of a gun.

Edited by wjh2657

My daily carry is a Series 80 Officer's Model. Several hundred rounds down the tube and no, I repeat no issues. However, if I could only have one 1911, it would be a Commander size model. The full size grip, 8 round magazine capacity, compact size and comfort in shooting makes this size, in my personal opinion, the perfect size 1911.