training in east tn or western nc

Guest salb3039

Mars, from the bottom of my toenails, I thank you!

I'm stuck here in wyoming today (hope to be in minnesota tomorrow) but my fiance' Julie will be looking for a concealed carry course to take in the very near future. (as soon as it gets warm I want her out on the range and in the classes). so your post was excellent and timely!

I'll be taking the course too once I get back home (by that time I'll be a member of the rod and gun club..I'm going to get julie to get us a membership there next week.)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
hey phantom!! are there any public shooting ranges around where a guy can participate in a postal match? I guess if there isn't I'm going to be applying at the rod and gun club...*sigh*

I may be wrong (I worked into the early hours this morning, it is early for me today and I have not had my coffee yet) but I believe you can shoot a Postal Match anywhere. The main thing you need is the targets which are marked for identification and are returned to the NRA. For more info, zap off an email to postals@nrahq.org. If you need a NRA Instructor to sign off on your targets, again in your neck of the woods, check with Camponovo. He's a straight shooter both literally and figuratively.

• 2 months later...

I'm in Chattanooga. I am a Suarez International staff instructor and Tennessee state certified handgun instructor. I teach the TN CCW classes and the Defensive Pistol Skills, Defensive Rifle Skills, Defensive Shotgun Skills, Close Range Gunfighting and Foce on Force classes for SI at a range here in Chattanooga.

I offer classes the 4th weekend of every month and do private lessons whenever is convenient for the students. You can see my schedule and sign up at Suarezinternational.com or contact me at Cruelhandluke2000@yahoo.com I'm teaching a DPS class this weekend and CRG in June.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Good Luck!

LOW LIGHT CLINIC TAC2 Jun. 02, 2007

BATON CERTIFICATION CLASS TAC2 Jun. 09, 2007

PERSONAL PROTECTION HANDGUN ---- LEVEL I TAC2 Jun. 16, 2007

http://www.tac2.com/index.php?template=calendar

Close Quarter Handgun Tactics Cumberland Tactics Sep 14-Sep 16

This class will be taught in Greeneville TN

http://www.guntactics.com/schedule.htm

Not necessarily training but there is an IDPA match at Kettlefoot tommorrow 5-26 I don't know if its still the case but new shooters were shooting for free http://www.animalmedclinic.com/188211.html

There may be others in the area, if there are I hope someone will share the info.

Guest BigJ45

You might check with Doc at TAC2, I know that in the past he has had guest instructors from other schools come in and teach at his range. I have never taken any classes at TAC2 but I have shot matches up there for the last seven or eight years and have shot with Clifford all over the southeast, and I will agree that on his website he might sound like he is blowing his own horn a little but he has spent a lot of money and put in countless hours to acquire the credentials that he has. Most of us can't afford the time or money to recieve the level of training that he has so why learn from someone who has?