Looking to buy my first Glock... Nashville area

Guest greymethod

Guest greymethod

Hey all,

So I'm looking to buy my first Glock; a G-19 to be precise. I've been looking around shops in the area and I can't seem to find any place that has them for anything other than MSRP. Do you all have an recommendations of places I should go/people to talk to?

I have my permit class on Saturday and just picked up a box of 9mm target ammo... It would be a hell of a day to get a pistol!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G19's are perhaps the most sought after of the Glock line. Not many shops need to try very hard to sell them if they can get them. That being said I would give Guns and Leather a try if you need it right now. I bet they will give you a fair price. Other than that you can usually find one, if you are patient, in the WTS adds on the various forums from $425-$500.

Guest cheez

Glock 19's are readily available from most all the gun distributors. If a local shop does not have them move on to one that will keep them in stock. You should be able to buy one new for $500 -$550

Try Goodlettsville Gun Shop. TGO member Glockmeister (Phillip) has said in other posts that he guarantees the lowest price.

Phillip Arrington

Goodlettsville Gun Shop

602 S. Main St

Goodlettsville Tn 37072

615-859-8822

ggunshop@bellsouth.net

www.goodlettsvillegunshop.com

Philip said in another thread he has a G19 for $400 OTD! Heck of a deal.

Edited by Smith
Guest cheez
Philip said in another thread he has a G19 for $400 OTD! Heck of a deal.

$400 OTD for a Glock 19 is way more than a heck of a deal. That there is a smokin' hot steal of a deal.

btw... its a used but like new 3rd generation Glock 19 with the light rail. We only have one left so... since there was such a demand from the other thread... id be there at 9am if i were you or it will be gone for sure.

Btw the regular out the door price was $450 to the public, but I offered it just to TGOers for $400 out the door... see Jason in the morning.

Good luck

The important thing for me is that, I trust the reliability and accuracy of my G21. I was once concerned about shooting 230gr +Ps through it but looking at a couple of other auto barrels, there's not a noticable difference in the exposed casing at the feed ramp in any of them. All have some exposed casing. If I ever bought another Glock someday, it would be the .357 sig model, whatever # that is. I did shoot a 19 long ago, I remember nailing cans and clays on the ground with it. It was a fun and accurate handgun.

The important thing for me is that, I trust the reliability and accuracy of my G21. I was once concerned about shooting 230gr +Ps through it but looking at a couple of other auto barrels, there's not a noticable difference in the exposed casing at the feed ramp in any of them. All have some exposed casing. If I ever bought another Glock someday, it would be the .357 sig model, whatever # that is. I did shoot a 19 long ago, I remember nailing cans and clays on the ground with it. It was a fun and accurate handgun.

Not such a big deal with .45 because it is a low pressure round even in +p. However fully suported chambers become very important in .40, .357, and 9mm +p+. 40 S&W particularly. Those seem to be the ones with kabooms when they happen.

Not such a big deal with .45 because it is a low pressure round even in +p. However fully suported chambers become very important in .40, .357, and 9mm +p+. 40 S&W particularly. Those seem to be the ones with kabooms when they happen.

I'm not worried about it, I skimmed through the owners manual the other day and there was no warnings about +P ammo and I have fired a few mags of +P through it already.