Opinions of a Glock 30 for my wife.

Guest spoolie

Guest spoolie

As stated in the thread title I purchased a g30 yesterday for a vacation trip. I wanted something compact that could be hidden in every situation...unlike my 1911's or Sig.

After the vacation trip it is my wife's everyday carry.

Opinions, discuss.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have one but would like to. Found one at a gun show last year that a guy was selling out of his personal collection. Came with 5 mags and looked like it had never been fired. A friend's stepson had been looking for one, so I found him and told him about it, and he paid the guy $540 for all of it. Wish now I had just kept my mouth shut and bought it myself lol.

Has your wife fired it yet?

I've added one to my carry rotation. I added a 3.5 disconnector, extended mag release, and extended floorplates to aid/speed reloads. I like it. Points naturally for me.

I also added a Punisher slide plate...just 'cause :-)

Guest cheez

I think it is a dang good idea. If she don't like it or can't shoot it well you have not lost anything unless you pay too much for the gun. Best thing about any Glock is that you can sell it easy and fast if the price is decent.

Guest BigMitch

I own the Glock 19 and a Glock 30 SF(both in my profile picture) and my girlfriend is tiny she loves the Glock 19 for the lower recoil and more grip so I would suggest that.....

Guest Sgt. Joe

Sorry, but from your thread title I thought you were asking about marrying a Glock 30.

Either way I would like a 19 better, but dont own either. It does seem that a smaller person would prefer the 19 but whatever makes her happy and comfortable is the correct answer.

The 30 is great. Recoil is quite manageable and she will adjust with some practice. If it's just for target practice, the 19 is your best bet. Can't go wrong with either one. My girlfriend will tell you she prefers the 19 but doesn't mind the 30.

Regardless, always good to know how to shoot EVERYTHING that's laying around!!

I love the way mine shoots, but it feels like I'm carrying a brick IWB, so have gone back to the G23 for every day carry. Probably would feel better if I lost about 10#......

I learned to carry mine at about 4 o'clock and it's comfortable. It conceals really well and doesn't bother me at all. I use an inexpensive Ace Case leather IWB.. works with every Glock I own.

Guest spoolie

She fires all my 1911's all the time so the G30 isn't anything crazy...I got it for the size, she carries a small purse and doesn't like holsters.

Guest 6.8 AR
She fires all my 1911's all the time so the G30 isn't anything crazy...I got it for the size, she carries a small purse and doesn't like holsters.

I don't think I would like my wife carrying a Glock anything in a purse. That's more of a holster gun. Just

think about reaching in a purse and pulling it out. Just

saying. Don't you think something with a hammer or a

small revolver would be better in a purse? I love my

Glocks, but the trigger will be covered in a holster.

My wife doesn't carry and I wish she did, but it would

probably be a revolver, if I had any say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk