Motorcycle owners, where do you get your new tires mounted and balanced in Nashville?

Got to have new skins and think I have found them at American Motorcycle Tire. The problem now is where to get them mounted. I have not even checked with my usual shop for motor work, Precision in the Providence area of Mt. Juliet but I'm sure they would be pricey, especially since I am not buying the tires through them.

So who knows a guy or shop that will mount and balance bike tires (front and back) without charging me more than the tires are going to cost?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on that and bought spoons, static balancer and do it myself.

Only when I am in a big hurry will I have someone do them for me.

Local dealer charges 30 bucks with the wheels off the bike.

It is over a hundred if they have to take the wheels off.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Rightwinger, I know someone on sportbikes.net posted that they were in La Vergne area....Can't remember what he charges, trying to track down the thread now.

Rightwinger, I know someone on sportbikes.net posted that they were in La Vergne area....Can't remember what he charges, trying to track down the thread now.

That would be in my range. Thanks.

Anyone ever used AVON tires? That's what I believe I'm going with. The reviews I found rated this as one of the best performers for my bike, a GS500F Susuki. It beat out the Dunlaps, Pirelli's, Bridgestone (current tires that only made it 10,000 miles) and a few other leading mfgs. They also come in below 80 bucks each.

American Motorcycle Tire

You have the other GS500F right? I'm not going back to the Bridgestone Battleax OEM stuff. No way.

Check your front tire for separation in the center groove! I have a small split forming. Got to move on this quick.

Go to that link I posted for American Motorcycle Tire and select there. Best prices I found.

Here is that comparison of tires for the 500F. It was done by professionals but they were Brits....meh.

Tire Comparison - EX-500.com

Now if he will just answer the post saying he is still in business, I'll be in business.

How you been Verne? Never hear from you. You and the boys doing okay? We need to shoot! It looks like I'll be busy on weekends soon. But that's a good thing.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
You have the other GS500F right? I'm not going back to the Bridgestone Battleax OEM stuff. No way.

Check your front tire for separation in the center groove! I have a small split forming. Got to move on this quick.

Go to that link I posted for American Motorcycle Tire and select there. Best prices I found.

Here is that comparison of tires for the 500F. It was done by professionals but they were Brits....meh.

Tire Comparison - EX-500.com

Yes, I have the other GS500F (07 Silver & Black). I"ll have a good look see at the front tire when I get home from Kentucky on Monday. I haven't noticed anything ab-normal yet.

Yep, check that and do a "fenderectomy" on the beast. Makes a nice difference in the look of them.

That and I ordered a matching black upper section of fairing that matches the bike up better than that silver upper portion.

This was "pre" "fenderectomy". The portion of the rear fender below the license plate is now gone.

IMG_6099-1.jpg

Have you been to GStwin.com GS500 Message Forum - Index

A source devoted to our bikes! Good stuff there.

Edited by Rightwinger

Doing good down on the creek bank. Me and Brad were talking today about putting a shoot together out at the farm and getting a bunch of people together. It will probably be around fall when it cools down. Other than that I work or am doing something around the house. Heck I have only been out on the bike for on two weekends this year. All I do is commute back and forth to work anymore. So much fun I can hardly stand it.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Everyone always wonders how I do so many miles on the bike. Back and forth to work add up quick.

+1 that's where all my miles come from as of late. 26 miles round trip 5 days a week adds up fast.

There is a motorcycle shop on hwy 52 between Westmoreland and Portland, it is closer to Westmoreland, but I can not think of the name of it. He is reasonable on his tires and putting them on. I liked the Avons I had on my bike. Look at getting a tire that is a dual compound so it will be harder in the center so it last longer and softer on the edge for good grip.

Edited by ZZRguy

That shop is "Paul's". He's had the bike twice. I'll call for a price from them tomorrow and see if they are up to the challenge. Was not impressed with their attempt to fix my bike when it had a fuel leak. Still waiting to hear back from the fellow Verne and StreetWK05 recommended as well.

Going to go with the Avon's. They are bias ply but not dual compounds. The GS500 has a bit of a smaller rim than the bigger super sport bikes and the tires you can get for them is limited a bit by that. I'm not going to complain when I can get the one of the best rated tires for this bike by two professional riders for 164.00 shipped! Where to get them put on is still the major question.

Rightwinger, does your bike have mags or wire wheels. I recently purchased a set of Bridgestone Battlax Kevlars for my BMW and can't find anyone to mount them ( I have mags) ,also the Beammer dealer wanting $$$$$ becuase I bought them online and not from them. Post up what you find out.

I gave up on that and bought spoons, static balancer and do it myself.

Only when I am in a big hurry will I have someone do them for me.

Local dealer charges 30 bucks with the wheels off the bike.

It is over a hundred if they have to take the wheels off.

This is the way to go if you ride a lot. Typically, two changes done yourself will pay for the tools. It's really not that hard to do. If you can use a tape measure, you can put the rear tire back on straight. It's easy. I know of several people in East TN who change tires for ~$25 off the bike.

In the past I've bought tires online from Welcome to Southwest Moto Tires. Now I have a local place where I can get them for only a few $$ more. I also used to ride a GS500, though mine was the old, pre-body work version. Definitely a fun little bike. Check out GStwin GS500 Page.

Called "Pauls" up here near Westmoreland. He wasn't in but the girl was able to quote me $45.00 per wheel. I asked her about your Beemer R1100R and she said Paul would have to answer that one so I'll call again tomorrow.

No word from Motorider Verne. He might be out of town or something. Guess I'll go ahead and call Precision in Providence because if they are in the 50 range, I would rather have them do the work than Paul's shop, just based on what I've seen with the previous two encounters on the bike and one with the 4 wheeler.

Peejman, I'm Rightwinger over on GStwins as well. Great site. Linked to it for Streetwk05 a page or so ago so he could look around over there.

There is a shop in Murfreesboro. Real business not some guy in the back yard. Full service. Cheap Tire mounts. The name of the place is N2BIKES Phone number is 615-893-BIKE He is also a big time gun guy. Loves to shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the tires Saturday evening, Fedex delivered them after I had left to go out at 5:37PM. Those boys work late. Dropped it off yesterday at Paul's ATV and Motorcycle repair outside Westmoreland. Picked it up this evening after work. Seems they did good work, felt very balanced on the short ride home. I'll work them in the rest of the week and see how they do. 98 bucks to mount and balance, 45 per wheel. I wasn't finding it any cheaper elsewhere but would have had to load it in the truck to take it to folks around Nashville.

R1100R, I asked the lady who took the phone call last week on the shaft driven bikes but she did not know. Paul wasn't there yesterday and I plum forgot to ask him today. Sorry.