Dealiest Warriors: The Cartrights from the Ponderos vs the Clampets of Beverly Hills

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

I've always watched Bonanza and The Beverly Hillbillies ever since they first hit the airways.

Love them both....but my pick is Bonanza.

I'd hate to see Elly Mae, Jed, Granny, and Jethro die, but I'd go with the Cartwright sons and let pops sit this one out.

Now, if Miss Hathaway and that monkey help...it would be a little closer.

P.S. I love the show!

Guys, have you never seen the episode where Jethro shoots the 2 phone wires in half with 2 shots (from the hip, I might add), only to find out that Elly Mae and Granny are still far superior marksmen? This doesn't even take the patriarch Jed into consideration. As much as I respect the Cartwright's strong sense of right and wrong, no way do they hold up against the superior firepower and keen shooting abilities of the Clampetts.

Guest Bonedaddy
Guys, have you never seen the episode where Jethro shoots the 2 phone wires in half with 2 shots (from the hip, I might add), only to find out that Elly Mae and Granny are still far superior marksmen? This doesn't even take the patriarch Jed into consideration. As much as I respect the Cartwright's strong sense of right and wrong, no way do they hold up against the superior firepower and keen shooting abilities of the Clampetts.
Damn Straight!!! I would NOT want Granny mad at me and if you srewed the pooch by hurtin' one of the clan, I believe Jed would make even Alvin York look like a pansy!
Damn Straight!!! I would NOT want Granny mad at me and if you srewed the pooch by hurtin' one of the clan, I believe Jed would make even Alvin York look like a pansy!

I would take the Clampetts over the Cartwrights based on Elly Mae and Granny and Jethro. If memory seres me right in this Jed is not that great of a shot. Didn't he miss what he was shooting at when " he was shootin at some food, and up from the ground came some bubblin crude" :)

Clampetts would win hands down. LOL! Jed is a very good shot in the show also. Both he and Jethro in one episode were on the front porch area of the mansion eye balling some flies on yonder wall. Jethro shot and hit the flies while Jed shot the wings off them. Scary when you think that it has been alluded to in the show that both Elly Mae and Granny are supposedly the better shots.

But don't worry about the Cartwrights. Granny can always "doctor" them up and give them some "tonic" after the Clampetts are done with them. LOL!