ruger p345

bayouvol

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AlzRuger

First, I am a Ruger fan. That said, I have a P345, 2 p89's, 2 P95's, 2 Mark III's, a couple of revolvers, etc. If you don't mind the size and weight, it's a great gun. I know several that carry one daily. Wouldn't be my first choice for daily carry. Not in the summer anyway. Maybe in the fall or winter under a jacket. I know several people that carry a full size 1911 daily, and it shouldn't be much different.

Guest Moody

I'm going to be honest with you, but this is just my opinion... Ruger makes some fantastic guns, but the 345 wasn't one of them for me. I bought one from a friend, on the premise that it was going to be a car/sometimes carry gun. Took it to the range, and honestly, it was the first to be put up (out of the rest of what I was shooting that day).

Likes: Styling, decent handling (when not being fired), seems to point decently

Dislikes: Muzzle flip, even though gun handled well while not firing, it felt awful when shooting, and return and attempting to fire a second, third, etc. shot with accuracy wasn't there.

Overall, I just didn't like the gun, and wondered why they even sent this thing out of the factory this way. To quote, I said to a friend, "Why, if you were Ruger, would you not take this to a focus group or at least make an attempt to do a better job with a firearm like this in the first place... it's not hard."

(keep in mind, that I'm used to shooting 1911s, but at the same time, my S&W M&P 45, Sig 220, etc. all shot alot better than the Ruger).

I traded the gun in on another Sig, and was relieved to be rid of it. I put one magazine through it, as well as a buddy putting one through it, and that was enough for both of us. :tough:

CLIFFS: What was seemingly a nicely-built firearm, which handled well, proved itself to be a bad attempt at what Sig, etc. had already accomplished. Gun traded immediately.

Edited by Moody
Guest bkelm18

I had a P345 and I really enjoyed it. Great ergonomics. Only thing I really didn't like was the slide mounted safety. For the life of me I cannot bring myself to like a slide mounted safety. Some (if not all) models have the magazine disconnect safety. If you get one with the mag safety, it's fairly simple to remove that particular feature.

P345 vs P90........

polymer frame vs aluminum frame

OP:

I owned a P345 for a while and really liked it, especially for the price, but I needed something a a bit better for concealed carry. The ruger is farily heavy, otherwise I really liked it

I don't own the 345, but I have a P-90, yep I am big...6'3 and 280, and I carry (not every day) with no real problems. I had to find that perfect 3 o'clock position so it would stop pulling my pants down, sounds weird but true. I use an IWB Comp-Tac holster, and have worn this weapon with cargo shorts and a tank top (top a size or so bigger than normal).

On the topic of Ruger, I can't say enough good things. My pistol consistantly shot 2 inches low, had a friend shoot it, same thing. I called Ruger, talked to a gunsmith there, in 12 days I had my new rear sight no charge, no screwing around. This P-90 is awesome, so I hope the 345 will be too.