My new EBT

Guest Caveman

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not pass up the opportunity to throw the purple thing out there. No way you would understand. If you were from Cincinnati you would have told me to F off. LOL

Basically 56 I cracked myself up. you just provided the opportunity.

Guest Caveman

You guys can rag on my purple interior all you like, only a pimp like me can ride around in a big 'ol Ford with purple interior and make it look gooooood. :doh:

Guest jackdm3

Won't rag on you. When you're partially colorblind, blue and purple look the same. I've seen quite a few deep purple GTOs and vintage trucks where no one cared that much when they were done up right.

You guys can rag on my purple interior all you like, only a pimp like me can ride around in a big 'ol Ford with purple interior and make it look gooooood. ;)

Big ole Ford? Last I checked, the F-100 was a half ton. Holler at me when you buy a real truck. :D

Guest 70below

I've always taken Cavie to be a purple guy........ ;)

If I ever go back home, I've got a '59 F100 stepside sitting there waiting for a new lease on life.

Nice truck der Cav.

You guys can rag on my purple interior all you like, only a pimp like me can ride around in a big 'ol Ford with purple interior and make it look gooooood. :D

Yep, I dig purple.

Suits folks who are royal in some way or other. :)

Sure that mystery button ain't a double naught seven ejection seat?

- OS

Guest Jamie

Looks good to me, even with the purple interior.

But that may just be because I've discovered tons of stuff that I need to haul since we got rid of our truck. :-\

As is typical with ol' Capt. Murphy, I didn't really need a truck all that much... 'til I got rid of it for something else. :D

J.

But that may just be because I've discovered tons of stuff that I need to haul since we got rid of our truck. :-\

As is typical with ol' Capt. Murphy, I didn't really need a truck all that much... 'til I got rid of it for something else. :D

J.

I know what you mean. I gave my truck to my father years ago, and seemed like I was having to borrow the company truck at least once a month to haul something. I also ended up with a couple of dirt bikes and no way of hauling them, so I finally decided I absolutely must have another truck.

I've had it a year now. Sold the bikes without ever putting them in the truck. Heck, the only things I've hauled in there since I've gotten it were things for someone else, that I wouldn't have had to even mess with if it weren't for the fact that I have the truck. :)

Guest coldblackwind

I like it. I just drove my '93 f150 4X4 for the first real time tonight, since I rebuilt the motor (first trip the new motor blew up not only the transmission, but also the transfer case). Down at the barn is my buddys '96 f150 4X4 we just swapped a stick shift into (anyone have a 52-53" driveshaft?), and in the barn is my hand-me-down '66 F100, beside it on the floor is the 428/three on the tree combo that's gonna end up in it when the funds get straightened out. Great trucks!

• 1 month later...

OK, He is finally done (for now) I ended up doing much more than I intended. The cam and several push rods were worn down, so I put a new Competition Cam kit in. Since the cam had to be replaced I put in a new timing chain on as well. I got a good deal on a high rise Edelbrock intake, so I replace the old one. The distributor was pretty messed up so I put a new MSD distributor in with Accel plugs and wires. I replaced the back brakes and rotors. The Flowmasters were good, but the manifold was pretty bad, so I put a set of Hedman headers on. The throttle linkage was all jacked up, so I bought a linkage kit and replaced it. While I had the Edelbrock 650 off I gave it a good cleaning. Since I had most of the engine apart I painted the intake and valve covers. I also bought some chrome parts and a few other nick-nacks for aesthetic purposes. I did some rewiring and tried to organize what I didn't rewire. That is all I am going to be doing for now. I am pretty pleased with it, it runs like a champ now.

Picture112.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture109.jpg

Edited by Caveman
your intake should be blue. Ford neverused orange paint on engines. Thats a GM thing.

First of all, it is red, not orange. Second, if I had painted the intake blue there would have been way too much blue and I like the red/blue contrast. I wasn't trying to go with Ford specifications, I like the way it looks, but thanks for the negative comment regarding all the hard work I have put into this. Although, this is you we are talking about, so if you had said something nice I would have been worried that aliens had started snatching peoples bodies or something.

Picture112.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture109.jpg

I saw a kid in the playground of McDonald's assemble an engine just like that out of all the toys he found in that pool of balls they jump into! He was sobbing because he couldn't find anything in a puke green.

Edited by jackdm3
I saw a kid in the playground of McDonald's assemble an engine just like that out of all the toys he found in that pool of balls they jump into! He was sobbing because he couldn't find anything in a puke green.

:) Get bent Jack....