New from Knoxville Area....

Guest TargetShooter84

Guest TargetShooter84

Hello,

I'm 23 and I'm a big fan of target shooting and would love to know more of which ranges are out there in Knoxville or surrounding counties. I like what I have read so far on this site and thought I would join to participate in the forums.

Thanks.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Hello,

I'm 23 and I'm a big fan of target shooting and would love to know more of which ranges are out there in Knoxville or surrounding counties. I like what I have read so far on this site and thought I would join to participate in the forums.

Thanks.

You can find at least a partial listing of ranges near you in our database.

http://www.tngunowners.com/dynamics/browsecategory.php?c=4

Guest SUNTZU

Welcome from Knoxville! I shoot at Coal Creek, and sometimes at Norris. There is a new one off of John Sevier somewhere, but I have not been there...yet.

Guest TargetShooter84
Welcome from Knoxville! I shoot at Coal Creek, and sometimes at Norris. There is a new one off of John Sevier somewhere, but I have not been there...yet.

I've heard from couple people mention about the Norris Watershed...can you tell me what it is? Is it an outdoor range? Bring your own ammo/target? I hear that there's a one time fee of $25 for a year if you pay at the Norris PD? Do you get to keep the key for the year and give it back at the end of the year or how does it work exactly? Will the PD provide a map of where the Watershed range is at? Is it a gravel road to the range or a paved parking lot? Sorry for the many questions but just curious since its closer to me and its cheaper than Coal Creek. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. We are having a shoot in Oak Ridge on the 19th and as a member here you would be invited to come and join us.

Check this thread http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3481

It is easy to get to, I am sure some directions will be posted on it during the coning week for new comers to be able to attend.

enjoy TGO, put something in and you will get more out.

I've heard from couple people mention about the Norris Watershed...can you tell me what it is? Is it an outdoor range? Bring your own ammo/target? I hear that there's a one time fee of $25 for a year if you pay at the Norris PD? Do you get to keep the key for the year and give it back at the end of the year or how does it work exactly? Will the PD provide a map of where the Watershed range is at? Is it a gravel road to the range or a paved parking lot? Sorry for the many questions but just curious since its closer to me and its cheaper than Coal Creek. Thanks

Go to the Norris PD, pay $25, get a key that you get to keep. The year ends June 30, no matter when you pay. You can also pay $10 per day. Not such a good deal for a regular, but if you want to bring an out of town friend it's OK.

Also, EVERYONE on the range has to have paid. They don't care if it is your 100 year old grandma, who is blind and sitting in the car. If she is there, she needs a range permit.

The PD will give you a map if you ask for one. The road is paved most of the way, except for about the last mile or so. The gravel road is well maintained, I wouldn't hesitate driving the wife's car there.

They have two ranges. One is a pistol range with two backstops, the other is a rifle,range with 50, 100, and 200 yard backstops. There are covered pavillions for both ranges.

Skeet shooting is not alllowed. They don't like to have to pick up the mess.

It is a very nice range. Very pretty area.

Go to the Norris PD, pay $25, get a key that you get to keep. The year ends June 30, no matter when you pay. You can also pay $10 per day. Not such a good deal for a regular, but if you want to bring an out of town friend it's OK.

Also, EVERYONE on the range has to have paid. They don't care if it is your 100 year old grandma, who is blind and sitting in the car. If she is there, she needs a range permit.

The PD will give you a map if you ask for one. The road is paved most of the way, except for about the last mile or so. The gravel road is well maintained, I wouldn't hesitate driving the wife's car there.

They have two ranges. One is a pistol range with two backstops, the other is a rifle,range with 50, 100, and 200 yard backstops. There are covered pavillions for both ranges.

Skeet shooting is not alllowed. They don't like to have to pick up the mess.

It is a very nice range. Very pretty area.

i may do this just for when i go to visit my family in south knoxville. i go for three days at a time usually.

but the one off john sevier... is it in close to like chapman or way out towards straw plains? my mom lives by doyle hs is why i ask.

:wave:welcome and enjoy

Go to the Norris PD, pay $25, get a key that you get to keep. The year ends June 30, no matter when you pay. You can also pay $10 per day. Not such a good deal for a regular, .

thats not to bad if you get to bring your own ammo.my range membership is 50 a year(i think)plus 10 a shoot and you have to use there orver priced ammo:rant:

Guest bkelm18

Yeah I usually shoot at Coal Creek or Norris. The Norris range has no RSO or a storefront or anything, it's just a range. So bring your own ammo and targets (bring something to fasten your targets to the backstop. Found that out the hard way my first time. Now I just bring a cheap staple gun). It's nice when you're the only one there. I usually get there right as it opens (well technically since you have the key its always open but you're only allowed to shoot during from like 9am to sometime in the evening).

Guest TargetShooter84
Go to the Norris PD, pay $25, get a key that you get to keep. The year ends June 30, no matter when you pay. You can also pay $10 per day. Not such a good deal for a regular, but if you want to bring an out of town friend it's OK..

I wasnt aware that the membership ends on June 30th, regardless of when you pay...I assumed it would be a year from when I paid the membership? Do I get to keep the key or do I have to stop by the PD everytime I want to go to the range as annual member? I might apply for the annual membership since it sounds so much better than paying 10 bucks everytime.

I'll see if the information on the John Sevier range I heard was correct. The person I heard it from might have it confused with the John Sevier Hunter Education Center, which is on Rifle Range Road. Check back with me tomorrow.

Guest bkelm18
I wasnt aware that the membership ends on June 30th, regardless of when you pay...I assumed it would be a year from when I paid the membership? Do I get to keep the key or do I have to stop by the PD everytime I want to go to the range as annual member? I might apply for the annual membership since it sounds so much better than paying 10 bucks everytime.

Yes you keep the key if you get the annual membership. No need to stop by the PD.

Guest TargetShooter84

Thank you everybody for all the information...I appreciate everything you've provided me with plus the welcome comments! Let me know if you guys have any comments/questions!

Boomhower-Thanks for the Watershed pics

Suntzu-Definitely let me know about John Sevier when you find out.

I'm sure I'll see you guys in discussion boards.

Have a fantastic week!