Percicet

Guest Lester Weevils

Hi Broomhead

Sounds like your disk problems are more severe than the ones I had 15 years ago. In many cases they really will heal up after several years. Mine eventually healed up with only a little bit of leg nerve damage. Some of the leg nerves actually seemed to regenerate mostly.

The problem is that it hurts so bad and takes years to heal up, so it is easy to get demoralized that it will never get any better. But in many cases there are good odds that eventually it will heal up a good bit. It just takes so damn long to heal up. Just hang in there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broomhead, I don't even really know what to say to you. I pray that you will endure this with the dignity you've shown here. I thought I had a rough time during cancer treatments, but your experience puts me to shamefaced embarassment. I have had enough back and lumbar issues to fully understand your situation and never, ever want to go there. I can only hope and pray that somehow it get better for you.

GGP2JZ, I had my gall bladder removed in 1999, and can tell you it will get better. The gas pain was awful, I agree. But for me, the back pains leading up to the surgery were the absolute worst part. Recovery was a little slow and painful for me because of a set of spare tires I was carrying around. The worst time I had was the first time out of bed and the first time I got into a co-workers little Saturn sedan to go to lunch with him a few weeks later. Compressing that incision and the pressure from the weight was not fun at all. But it does go away pretty quickly.

Hang tough guys.

dude. wtf.

865 228 8451

if you ever need someone

Live - as in daily activities

I feel you brother. I am like that on the pain medicine. A little background, I fell at work on 07\07\07, Drs said I had a double Par's Fracture with a disintegrating disc at L5. Had surgery in 03\08, Laminectomy, Discectomy, and fusion of L5-S1. Surgery caused scar tissue that has now damaged the nerve roots, its permanent. I had a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in 06\09, it's like a permanent TENS unit that effects from the bottom of my rib cage down, doesn't numb anything just scrambles the nerve signals. That helps the pain in my legs but doesn't touch the pain in my back, Leg Pain=10-15% Back Pain=85-90%. Drs are at the end of their ropes, don't know what to do next. Work Comp is talking about vocational rehab, surgeon's work restrictions are very restrictive, I'm not sure there is any job in this world that I can do with these restrictions. I can't do the things I used to do, can't do what I want to do, can't even do the things I have to do. I can't even sleep in a regular bed with my bride of 9 years for God's sake. Oh, and I just turned 30 this year.

So, I feel your pain, I know what you are going through. I have trouble making it through the day myself. I try to sleep as much as I can because when I sleep I don't feel the pain, unless I'm trying to roll over. I don't want to wake up because then I have to face the pain. I don't want to deal with the pain anymore, I'm tired of it. Sometimes I'm tired of life. I'm on here several hours a day, PM me if you want to chat.

The only thing my Tens unit did was provide entertainment when used by inebriated friends. :rofl:

Guest Sgt. Joe
Percocet is oxycodone not hydrocodone.

Roger that and the biggest difference is that the Oxycodone is a class 2 drug while the Hydrocodone is a only a class 3. That is why I always find it strange when folks break into pharmacies and all they seem to take is the Hydros. The Oxys are actually stronger. Then again BG's have never been known for their smarts.

Guest Broomhead
The only thing my Tens unit did was provide entertainment when used by inebriated friends. :rofl:

That is freaking hilarious. When I first got my actual TENS unit, coworkers would want to try it out. I used to make people's arms, legs, hands, etc. jump around.

Guest Broomhead
Broomhead, I don't even really know what to say to you. I pray that you will endure this with the dignity you've shown here. I thought I had a rough time during cancer treatments, but your experience puts me to shamefaced embarassment. I have had enough back and lumbar issues to fully understand your situation and never, ever want to go there. I can only hope and pray that somehow it get better for you.

Thank you for the kind words and thoughts. I am going to have some more tests done in 2 weeks to see if there is anything more my surgeon can do for me. He is the one that implanted the stimulator, but not the one that did the laminectomy/discectomy/fusion, that first surgeon sent me to work without restrictions for three weeks just so he could go to Acapulco. Anyway, I don't want anyone to feel that their pain is lesser than what I am going through. Like I said, everyone experiences pain differently, everyone's pain can be regarded as the worst possible pain they have ever felt. Nobody's pain is more or less than any other person's. You can't really feel my pain to judge, and I can't feel yours.