I have to hand it to you Glock guys

mav

Well, you Glock guys weren't full of it. I posted earlier about my new acquisition this week, a Glock 34. The more I shoot this gun, the better it gets, and the more fun it it is to shoot.

I have shot 750 rounds through it since Wednesday with zero problems using Blazer 115 FMJ ammo. I have to admit that I am thoroughly impressed with the accuracy and reliability of the gun, especially considering the cost.

While I love my 1911s and my Sig, I am a little more concerned about the possibility of dropping or somehow messing them up aesthetically due to the cost of those guns. I baby all of my guns, but if the Glock gets scratched or something it is not a big deal. I would be totally ticked if I put a big scratch on my Wilson.

I was working on speeding up my reloads while at the range today. Mags were constantly hitting the concrete. That would not occur with my Wilson mags, and certainly not with my Xi-Five mags ($72 a piece).

All in all, I am glad I bought the Glock, and it is becoming one of my favorite guns. I wish I would have bought one sooner.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Straight Shooter

THANK YOU MAV for NOT drinking the "anti-Glock" koolaide.

More crap has been told about Glocks than any other Ive ever heard. They are good, solid weapons that will run reliably for a lifetime or longer.

Not perfect....no weapn is. Just dang good guns. Were I to go to war tomorrow, and could have my choice of weapons, the sidearm would be MY Glock 21, or a G20 with my mods.

Guest The Highlander

My Glocks always go bang, they have a multitude of accessories available for anything from building a race gun to a pimped out play gun with flames on the slides, holsters can be used across the same frame size platform if chosen wisely, they are addictive, and like you have discovered, if you drop one, so what?

Guest Halfpint

I carry a 1911 every day, it's my #1 carry pistol . . . but when I get home and the 1911 is ready to go in the safe for the night, an old, beat-up, gen2 Glock 19 comes out for nightstand duty.

IMHO, Glocks are not the best out there--"best" being a relative, subjective term--nor are they the be-all, end-all of handguns. No such universally praised animal exists. They are, however, probably the best buy for the money available (~$500) and at 24 I've shot one for 2/3 of my life. There is a Gen2 G19 in the family, to which I am as emotionally attached as it is possible to be when it comes to an inanimate object.

Guest cheez

In a SHTF scenario and you only can have one gun. Most will chose the Glock. They are not sexy and they are not pretty but they WORK better than any other gun on the planet.

Guest yzfMrLee

my EDC is a g19. It sure ain't pretty but it works. They're pretty fun to fix up too. Kinda like the Mustang of the gun world. Cheap, lots of aftermarket. I'd like to try out a 34. Congrats on the new weapon!

I have to admit to hating Glocks up until I opened a indoor pistol range back in 1997. After shooting enough of them they kinda grow on you. Gun "A" has this problem, gun "B" has that problem while the Glocks just roll on. I was 35 also when I discovered how wrong I was about Combat Tupperware.

Guest Bronker
my EDC is a g19. It sure ain't pretty but it works. They're pretty fun to fix up too. Kinda like the Mustang of the gun world. Cheap, lots of aftermarket. I'd like to try out a 34. Congrats on the new weapon!

This. Nothing to add.

A second generation Glock 19 sold me on them for good.

Guest Bronker
3rd Gen G17 here with 2 pin frame. This is my first Glock and I absolutely love it. Carry it everyday.

Dude. You've got to gat a 3-pin frame. What are you waiting for?

:poop:

:censored:

I have used a Glock since 2005, before that I wouldn't have ever considered a Glock. At first I didn't like them but because of its reliability I now own one that I carry every day. I honestly can't think of any complaints but one thing I am considering is putting in the extra power trigger spring in conjunction with a 3.5# connector.

I did install a ghost ring rear to see if I like it. I am still up in the air about it but it does make longer shots easier.

Dolomite

I bought my first Glock in 1990 - a 1st generation G17. I, along with several of my friends, put a good 10,000 rds. through that thing without one single jam or problem of any kind. It was 100% stock factory and I hardly ever even cleaned it. I'd still have it if it hadn't burned up in a house fire I had several years ago.

The only problem I ever had with a Glock after that was when I first got my G27. The problem actually turned out to be me.....I was limp wristing it. Once I tightened up my grip, it ran perfectly.

Some people might say they're ugly (I actually like the way they look), but no one can ever say they're not tough as nails and as reliable as you can get......and if they do, they're a liar! ;)

I used to hate Glocks, but now that I've spent some significant range time with my 2nd gen, other pistols feel awkward in my hand. I've grown to like the beefy brick grip. Plus I really like that it never malfunctions and I don't have to handle it with kid gloves. That Glock finish is something else.