Special Edition Models

Guest db99wj

Do these add anything to the handgun, other than the "stamp" or the "special edition" or whatever?

For example, the Beretta U.S.A. Corp. Model 92 FS Desert Storm Special Edition.

Are these just a "shined up" models that are overpriced or is their any real value in guns like these. I keep seeing them when I am window shopping on the auction sites.:D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good question. I'm pretty utilitarian in my gun buying. I've always figured they were the same guns with some flash.

I've known a lot of people who paid more for a special commemorative gun. I don't recall any of them making a killing as the prices for that model rose astronomically.

I buy guns to shoot. I dont buy guns to sit on a shelf and take up space. I have knick-knacks for that.

Smith is the worst offender for this, btw. You can find commemoratives for evreything under the sun. The result is they arent worth more than good examples of the base gun.

I have lots of knick-knacks. I'll sell you boxes of dusty Teddy bears for $10 per box plus shipping. :D

BTW, "flash" is what they call the stuff like mirrors on the walls in trailers. Basically, junk that looks good to the young and foolish. Rather have USB floors and cheap mirrors on the walls than something that will hold up? You like "flash." Most interesting ad I ever saw for a trailer was one that said the home had "Wayne's coating." :D

Guest GlockFD

I guess that makes me a real sucker, not only do I have a special edition it is also a GLOCK. I have the american heros edition with USA serial numbers being a firefighter and all it just made it that much easier to buy, there was only 1000 in the .40 s&w made back in 2002.

http://www.tngunowners.com/photos/data/500/medium/Glock_on_case.JPG

It is also my one and only firearm for now. It wont just sit in the box. after all it is a firearm, intended for shooting. I would not buy a gun if I couldnt use it.

I guess that makes me a real sucker, not only do I have a special edition it is also a GLOCK. I have the american heros edition with USA serial numbers being a firefighter and all it just made it that much easier to buy, there was only 1000 in the .40 s&w made back in 2002.

It is also my one and only firearm for now. It wont just sit in the box. after all it is a firearm, intended for shooting. I would not buy a gun if I couldnt use it.

You didn't buy it to be a show piece, you bought it to be a protector piece because you got a good deal. Won't blame you there. I think we are talking more along the lines of pix295029656.jpg

If I won the loottery I would want to go buy some high dollar commerative gun just so I could go and shoot it. If I win millions I would definitely have squanderable amount set aside.

No point in having a gun that is just a wall hanger unless of course it is still pretty and you have shot it out.

thats the best looking glock i have ever seen,but its still a glock :rofl: how much extra did you have to give for it

Originally Posted by SUNTZU viewpost.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!!:cool::bowrofl::rofl::bowrofl:

what know biscuits and mustard pun?

To me, 'Special Edition' and 'Commemorative Edition' mean two different things... I wouldn't mind buying a true 'Special Edition', if what is meant by 'Special' is a functional improvement... However, I have no use for ornamental tools. That would be like buying a 24k gold cordless drill or wrench set... that just screams 'self-indulgent wiener'*.

*Nicholas Cage - Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)

Guest GlockFD
thats the best looking glock i have ever seen,but its still a glock :rolleyes: how much extra did you have to give for it

I still paid around 550 i think. It was worth it to me though.:D