I.O. Inc. Hellcat 380

Louisb

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Gunblast.com He reviewed it, like someone said, he never met a gun he didn't like. Not that much cheaper than a LCP, why not just get the one everybody compares a plastic 380 to? I'm gett'n old, at about 48 I realized all my life I'd been buying " Budget" stuff, you know trying to get the best deal, " just as good as, the same as , almost the same thing,etc." Now I don't buy unless I can get at least the standard that which all others are judged by, or better. I apply that to everything not just guns, quality isn't cheap, and you really DO get what ya pay for. Most of the time the "budget" brand starts off work'n as good as the "standard" , it's just most of the time it won't last near as long !!!! JMO.

Edited by Ae-35

yeah,

I own a kimber but i LOVE my American Classic commander. I enjoy my springfield xd, but my hi point is just as awesome (though ugly). I think in these cases, you aren't going to loose much more than a look, badge and emblem over the Ruger/kel tec. for $200, it can be my back up to my back up to my back up. American Classic>Kimber>Hipoint>XD>Taurus-pt709>HellCat

I love my sig p238, for pocket carry. I do not care for those DAO trigger pulls, just a personal thing. The sig's design reduces recoil too, as it has a locked breech while the L-copy-pistol and hellclone are a little bit more stout (but its just a 380 so thats still not too bad). The kel-tec may be a little rougher out of the box but it costs a lot less as well, so there is that to consider maybe. Also look at the diamondback and bodyguard designs for 2 more identical pistols to the p3at. The bodyguard has a built in laser sight, such as it is.

As I do not like any of the DAO ones, I will not try to review them at you, but they are all fine, and I know a lot of people that carry them.

Oh, and while the keltec is cheaper and possibly more likely to wear out or break etc, it does not matter: they will fix it for you, for free, usually with no questions asked unless you took a hammer to it. I just sent them back a p-40 that some shady dealer at a gunshow sold me, and while it looked and felt OK, after 3 shots it the trigger fell out. I Fixed it, same thing happened every time. I sent it back to kel-tec and they remade it from the ground up, every single part in the gun was on the work-list as replaced. I now own a band new p-40 that I am going to put in the safe (remember the DAO comment?) as they do not make them anymore.

Edited by Jonnin