PC9111

willis68

I have owned several 1911's, but never a Springfield Custom This will be my last 1911 for a very long while I am on a waiting list and have been told by my dealer between 8 and 15 months, hopefully it will be 8!!! this will be my last expensive pistol for a Long Long while

This is the same 1911 that the FBI SWAT and DEA now carry The Springfield Professional Model

I have been wanting one of these for the last several years but what has kept me form getting one is the fact that 3 MIM parts are used in a 1911 that costs this much money, well the fact that the DEA has just adopted it as their sidearm has affirmed my confidence that this pistol is worth the money

PC9111-1.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of the PC9111 is $2500.00 to $2600.00, for that money you could buy an Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk custom and a few others. I have been thinking about one of these for several years and have bought many others instead. I was able to shoot one in Houston a few years ago so I know that I will love it. This is the most proven modern 1911 in the world, I have been watching a thread on Glock Talk about the 1911 being adopted by the DEA, one of their members who is an agent posted some pictures of his new duty pistol, the DEA prefix is on the DEA serial number, the FBI prefix is for the Feds and the CRG prefix is for civilians, when they are being built in the Custom shop the smiths do not know who the pistol they are working on is being built for as they are all built one way to the same standards

DSCF2102-1-1.jpg

DSCF2121-1.jpg

Edited by willis68

Gorgeous pistol. I wouldn't mind having one myself. However, the availability just isn't there. I hardly ever see one for sale. Have you ever shot or owned a Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, etc...? While I am not diminishing the quality of the Springfield professional at all, I would bet that one of the aformentioned custom shops produces an alternative that is just as good in terms of performance and reliability. Just my two cents, but I think the reason the FBI, DEA, etc... would never go with one of the custom shops is they are too small and they are not basic manufacturers of the firearms. I could be wrong but I don't think Wilson and the others manufacture their own frames, slides, etc... However, I absolutely love my Wilson CQB and Nighthawk T3, and I don't think you can get much better than them.

Gorgeous pistol. I wouldn't mind having one myself. However, the availability just isn't there. I hardly ever see one for sale. Have you ever shot or owned a Wilson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, etc...? While I am not diminishing the quality of the Springfield professional at all, I would bet that one of the aformentioned custom shops produces an alternative that is just as good in terms of performance and reliability. Just my two cents, but I think the reason the FBI, DEA, etc... would never go with one of the custom shops is they are too small and they are not basic manufacturers of the firearms. I could be wrong but I don't think Wilson and the others manufacture their own frames, slides, etc... However, I absolutely love my Wilson CQB and Nighthawk T3, and I don't think you can get much better than them.

I have had and still do have Ed Browns, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom and Les Baer, I am not buying the Pro because I think it will out preform the others, the fact is that when you get into that price range the quality fit and finish all of that is about as good as it gets. Les Baer, Bill Wilson and a few others tried to win this contract from the FBI Most Wanted | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET These pistols are hard to come by and people hang onto them when they buy them, It was also designed to feed my carry ammo Remington Golden Saber 230 grain believe me when I tell you that I have researched and compared them to everything in their class as I have been considering one for 10 years now :P

Edited by willis68
I have had and still do have Ed Browns, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom and Les Baer, I am not buying the Pro because I think it will out preform the others, the fact is that when you get into that price range the quality fit and finish all of that is about as good as it gets. Les Baer, Bill Wilson and a few others tried to win this contract from the FBI Most Wanted | American Handgunner | Find Articles at BNET These pistols are hard to come by and people hang onto them when they buy them, It was also designed to feed my carry ammo Remington Golden Saber 230 grain believe me when I tell you that I have researched and compared them to everything in their class :mad:

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that. After reading the article, it made me add it back to the top of my list of desirable handguns.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I guess you can add my name to the waiting list as well. I placed an order through my dealer today.

Congrats, everyone that I hear of that owns one loves it what kind of wait did he quote you? hopefully both of us will have ours well before the average waiting time :(

Edited by willis68

I was told around 8-15 months. I got mine through Shooter's Depot. They were quite surprised when I offered to put 50% down. They said that I was the first person they have met that was willing to put half down and wait for up to a year for a gun.

Did you see these on GunBroker?

Springfield Armory Operator Custom FBI 1911 45 ACP : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Springfield Armory Professional Custom 1911 FBI 45 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

I can't bid on them since I have never bought anything from GunBroker. That Operator is nice.

If you are wanting an Operator I would sign up on GB and pursue this one that looks to be a great deal

It will be a long while before I own the pistol but I just ordered these Gunner grips for it, I contacted the owner of this pistol and found out where to buy the original Gunner grips and I think they look awesome on the Pro this is what mine will look like

carson25sapro7E1.jpg