Supertuck vs Kholster review

After using a Kholster to carry my Glock 19 for a few months I began searching for a more comfortable IWB holster. There wasn’t anything wrong with the Kholster but I figured I could find something more comfortable while sitting or driving. I should mention that I did my own combat cut to the Kholster which can sacrifice comfort.

kholster_01.jpg

I settled on the Crossbreed Supertuck as my choice after reading all the great reviews about it. I opted for the cowhide black with the combat cut. I'll break the results down by category.

2009-xmas-present-2-2.jpg

Comfort: In an effort to keep this as short as possible I’m just going to say that I can’t notice any difference in comfort between the Kholster and the Supertuck so it’s safe to say I’m a little disappointed considering the price difference between the two. I read where several people said they forgot they were even carrying when wearing the Supertuck, maybe that was true for them but definitely not for myself.This one is a draw.

Ease of concealment: This area is also a draw. Both holsters have options to make the gun ride higher or lower on your body. After I adjusted both to ride a little lower my G19 is well concealed. I have not noticed a difference in printing in either holster.

Quality: I have to give the Supertuck the upper hand in this area. The leather seems to be of better quality (I know nothing about leather though) and the clip/screw system is a better design. The screws on my Kholster are constantly coming loose. I have to tighten them every time I use the holster.

Appearance: This one is easy, just look at the pictures. Supertuck hands down though neither are much to look at.

Value: The Kholster is the clear choice IMO. At $49 with free shipping I think it’s a good deal. I don’t regret spending that much. I wish I could say the same thing for the Supertuck. Even after my NRA discount it still cost nearly $80. I think the Supertuck should be priced around $55 considering the simplicity of it. I bet it doesn’t cost much more to manufacture the ST than it does the Kholster.

I should also mention that Kholster does a sale around tax time that gives you %20-25 off your purchase.

Warranty: Both companies offer a limited lifetime warranty in the event that the product is defective. Crossbreed offers a 2 week trial period where Kholster offers a 90 day trial period. Because of this I have to give this area to Kholster.

Summary: While both holsters are a good choice I just can’t see myself buying another Supertuck. It provides the same comfort as its competitor at almost twice the price. Maybe the Supertuck will last longer and the quality is a little better but I don’t feel it’s worthy of the price. I think I’ll either stay in the $50 price range for holsters or one day bite the bullet and get a nice quality holster by DM Bullard or something similar.

If you don’t mind the steep price tag then the Supertuck is still a good holster and I imagine it will last for years but I personally don’t see much advantage over the Kholster. Your mileage may vary.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

I have a Supertuck and I love it... However, I do want a Kholster, just so I can compare the two. I was torn between either one whenever I was looking for an IWB holster. My friends have bought Supertuck's on my recommendation... ALSO, Supertucks take ~ 3 Weeks to Receive once you have placed your order.

I have a Supertuck and I love it... However, I do want a Kholster, just so I can compare the two. I was torn between either one whenever I was looking for an IWB holster. My friends have bought Supertuck's on my recommendation... ALSO, Supertucks take ~ 3 Weeks to Receive once you have placed your order.

Drew they have gotten a little quicker recently. Maybe demand has dropped. I received mine in about 10 days.

If you want, ill let u try out my kholster for few weeks. It will fit your 23 perfectly. I'm curious how comfortable it will be for a bigger guy than myself

Guest EasTnBldr

I looked up the Kholster because I'm new to carrying and have yet to buy something that allows me to carry concealed in the summer. I have been carrying exposed this summer and although I'm comfortable, I don't care for the looks nor giving away my status to the wrong people. Kholster has a sale coming up after the 10th that takes the price down to $30-$40 which makes that holster seem like a much better buy. The leather on the Supertuck looks thicker which would add to its durability and longevity of use but I have to admit, price is an issue.

I looked up the Kholster because I'm new to carrying and have yet to buy something that allows me to carry concealed in the summer. I have been carrying exposed this summer and although I'm comfortable, I don't care for the looks nor giving away my status to the wrong people. Kholster has a sale coming up after the 10th that takes the price down to $30-$40 which makes that holster seem like a much better buy. The leather on the Supertuck looks thicker which would add to its durability and longevity of use but I have to admit, price is an issue.

yes I believe you are correct that the leather is thicker and probably better quality. I don't want to convince anyone to buy 1 vs the other because both are a good choice and both are very comfortable. I just think the Kholster provides better value. Good luck!

hahaha Mike, I knew you would comment on that! I didn't feel like taking pictures so I just stole some off the net! Thanks for calling me out on it :rolleyes:

Just razzin' you. It doesn't matter how butt ugly your gun is as long as it's concealed :screwy:

EDIT: On topic, If I ever decide to go the IWB route, my first pick will most likely be a Kholster.

Edited by mikegideon
The next firearm I purchase... The holster along with it will either be a pocket holster (LCP) or a Kholster (G19)

dear lord don't get the LCP.... I think I would rather have a squirt gun in my pocket. Same size only the squirt gun is more accurate. :poop:

Drew did you see my post about borrowing the Khoslter?

Guest Glock23ForMe
dear lord don't get the LCP.... I think I would rather have a squirt gun in my pocket. Same size only the squirt gun is more accurate. :poop:

Are you serious about the squirt gun thing?

Yes, I saw it.... How would we work that out?

Are you serious about the squirt gun thing?

Yes, I saw it.... How would we work that out?

yes I am serious. Have you shot the LCP? Stiff recoil, long trigger pull, terrible sights.....I think I would be better off just throwing the gun at the bad guy instead of trying to shoot at them. Maybe I was just spoiled by my p238 though?

If you want to try the Kholster out just PM me your address and I'll ship it to you. Try it as long as you want and ship it back when you're ready. Or if you end up loving it then I'll sell it to you for a good deal.

Don't blame the gun. Anybody is gonna shoot better with a G19, but I don't have any problem hitting targets with my LCP at the shorter ranges.

EDIT: And yes, you're going to shoot a lot better with the SA trigger on a baby 1911. I'm just not sure that pocket carry mixes well with cocked and locked

Edited by mikegideon
yes I am serious. Have you shot the LCP? Stiff recoil, long trigger pull, terrible sights.....I think I would be better off just throwing the gun at the bad guy instead of trying to shoot at them. Maybe I was just spoiled by my p238 though?

Dang son, you've got some serious lack of skill! Coming from me, that's saying a lot - since I have no skill myself. I can still hit center mass at 15 yards with my LCP... barely. ;)

Having owned both a supertuck and a few kholsters, I can say that I agree with your review. The Crossbreed is pretty, but not an extra $30 to $40 worth of pretty. :poop:

Guest Glock23ForMe

Having owned both a supertuck and a few kholsters, I can say that I agree with your review. The Crossbreed is pretty, but not an extra $30 to $40 worth of pretty. :poop:

WHERE ON EARTH WERE YOU GUYS WHEN I WANTED TO BUY A KHOLSTER??!?!?! I started like 4 threads asking which one was better... All I got was "Supertuck" "Supertuck" "My Kholster is OK" "Supertuck"

WHERE ON EARTH WERE YOU GUYS WHEN I WANTED TO BUY A KHOLSTER??!?!?! I started like 4 threads asking which one was better... All I got was "Supertuck" "Supertuck" "My Kholster is OK" "Supertuck"

Well if it makes you feel any better I have money invested in both!!

I must have never seen your threads asking about them. I was gonna try the search function and find all the threads where I commented on my kholster experiences for you. Unfortunately, it kept saying there was no result found. Ugh.

My crosbreed took about 4 weeks. I ordered it in may of this year.

I like it allright but I also felt like it was a little overpriced for what it is, a flat piece of leather and a little bit of Kydex.

I was also dissapointed that I couldn't stand to wear it until I lost about 15 pounds, ha ha.

Guest Glock23ForMe
My crosbreed took about 4 weeks. I ordered it in may of this year.

I like it allright but I also felt like it was a little overpriced for what it is, a flat piece of leather and a little bit of Kydex.

I was also dissapointed that I couldn't stand to wear it until I lost about 15 pounds, ha ha.

It is a little pricey... Even if they do the combat cut, it is like $7.50 more... To push a blade through leather?!

Kholsters are all on sale next week ........That being said I do use a Kholster for my G27,after sorting through 2 other brand of holsters and sending them back

I gave the Kholster a try and I find it to be very comfortable along with the proper gun belt I also picked up

I think the Kholster is a great deal in comparison to the others at almost half the price......I also bought one for a friend for his PPS and he loves it as well

Defiantly give them a try - They arent pretty but they work