Who has Sprint?

Guest 45AUTO

I am thinking about changing from Verizon to Sprint cell phone. The qustion that I have ,has anyone have had good or bad luck with Sprint. Any feed back would be very helpful.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton

My work phone was with Nextel/Sprint for the last 4 years... Total crap! CONSTANT dropped calls, missed calls, missed voicemails.

Sometimes I would miss a call, they would leave a voicemail and I wouldn't get the voicemail until 2 days later.

WE FINALLY switched to Verizon and I couldn't be happier!

3years personal use, 1 year business use on sprint. It was fine in JC for the personal use. We had great coverage in JC. Didnt work anywhere else. Switched to verizon in 02 and have loved every minute. Used sprint nextel at work and had nothing but problems with their service. As mentioned above dropped calls and missing emails. Think long and hard about switching.

I had to switch from Sprint to Verizon just to have service at my place. Better total coverage. I also had the internet service when I was traveling but switched to Hughes net due to speed and both my wife and I can be online at the same time without 2 different modems.

No experience with Spirit, but I just switched from AT&T Cingular (of about 9 years) to Verizon. I got the Droid X (first Smart Phone). I could not be happier with Verizon over AT&T.

Since you have Verizon already and are thinking about Spirit. Are you having trouble with Verizon that you are hoping would be corrected by switching? Looking to save some money going to Spirit? Or maybe there is a certain phone or option they have that Verizon is not offering?

Guest Daelith

I'm currently with Verizon and I'm happy with their coverage. I just wish they would get on board with the $70/month package deal that covers calls, text and internet like Sprint.

Guest Drewsett

I've been with Sprint for at least 10 years now. I've made alot of observations of their service over time. Depending on the phone you have, the service is excellent. Inside of cities they have the best coverage and the fastest network, hands down. There are no roaming charges, so everywhere my father has service (he has Verizon) I have service. The service isn't quite as good when you're on a Verizon or other non-Sprint tower, but I still have far fewer dropped calls or odd happenings with texts or voicemail than my family or friends that have Verizon or AT&T.

Their network, if you look at the map, looks like a spiderweb following all of the major highways in the US. If you live on or near a major highway, I couldn't recommend them enough. If you live out in the boonies....I'd find someone who lives near you to ask these questions.

Guest FroggyOne2

A friend of mine has sprint, gets it through work.. it is free, that is the only reason that he has it.. otherwise, he hates it. I have Verizon, went to it from ATT and glad I did.

I've had Sprint for years. My current phone is the Palm Pre. I do a bunch of traveling throughout the middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky areas, and I have very little service interuption. I've been satisfied with the phones and service, and have zero desire to switch carriers. I currently have the Unlimited Everything plan, and I've been happy with it also.

The Nextel portion of Sprint is slightly less desirable, in my humble opinion.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

Thank you all for the great feedback. The main reason for the switch is price .Yes i wish verzon would get a better pricing plan but when you have 2 kids and a wife that like to text and the internet you have to go with the better price. And again thanks for all your help.